2 weeks post treatment. Please help.

(4 posts)
  1. NoThanks11

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Oct 21 2016 16:13:05
    #

Login to Send PM

We realized we had bedbugs around 3 weeks ago (thanks to this site- wish I didn’t have to love it but it’s been super helpful!) We called multiple treatment companies and had a few come out to inspect and give quotes. We were very close to hiring someone to just do a chemical treatment (for $1,200) and decided to do heat + chemical with Orkin for $2,000. We thought that price was outrageous (we live in a single story, 1 family ranch home. very small) but decided to pay it as we just wanted to be done with this and move on with our lives.

Unfortunately, now almost two weeks post treatment, the bbs seem worse than ever. We are getting more bites at night, we are SEEING more of them in our bed (and even on the wall in the middle of the day!!!!) and Orkin finally came back today to re-treat. The guy called and when I asked said it “didn’t look good” but “wasn’t horrible.” not sure what that means. We are ONLY infested in our master bedroom, on our bed.

We were hoping they would put on the mattress and box spring encasements like they promised to from the beginning, but they claim they are “out” and will bring them as soon as another shipment comes in. The treatment guy said that would help tremendously.

So I’m trying to keep calm at this point, but I honestly thought after the heat treatment, that would pretty much be it. Maybe a few stragglers would need the chemical treatment, but thought we would be done by now.

I am at a loss for what to do. We’ve been vacuuming like crazy, washing sheets constantly, and already treated all our clothes and cloth belongings to heat treatment in our dryer. I feel like we are back to square one. Has anyone else had this experience after treatment? I was told our 30 day guarantee wouldn’t begin until we get the mattress encasements, but at this point, it doesn’t make me feel any better. I just want to go to bed at night without anxiety.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Oct 21 2016 21:09:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a pro but I actually think you're better that they haven't got encasements on there yet, because it's better to kill the bed bugs than seal them in.

It sounds like heat treatment was not a success. You're right that the chemical residuals are only supposed to be there for the odd straggler. Are they redoing the structural heat treatment or just more chemicals?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. NoThanks11

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Oct 22 2016 9:37:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Currently just chemicals. I don't know if I should put my foot down and ask for another heat treatment. Can they just do one room? I am dreading doing all the prep work for the entire house again.

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Oct 22 2016 12:30:21
    #

Login to Send PM

If the bugs were confined to one room, maybe the heat treatment caused them to flee the area.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,442 posts in 46,577 topics over 142 months by 20,543 of 21,407 members. Latest: karthikc, Chick, Jay11690