Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

2 strange critters in bed - need id

(8 posts)
  1. SalsaVince

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Nov 22 2018 13:31:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I found these 2 suspicious critters in a bed this morning. Hoping they're not bed bugs. Looks like they have wings but I doubt they can fly. I will be very thankful to anyone who could help confirm, VERY thankful!

2 critters in bed

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  2. Chronic

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Nov 22 2018 15:02:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I hate to be the one to tell you, but that appears to be a sign of a serious infestation. Likely your going to have to set temperature to 350 for a long time.

3. SalsaVince

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Nov 22 2018 20:48:37
    #

Login to Send PM

That's what I was afraid of. So you recommend heat treatment then? How many hours? Probably depends on their weight huh? Maybe combined with a couple of spray treatments of butter.

4. Ash225

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Nov 22 2018 23:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

You guys. Thank you for this- seriously made my day. I am CRACKING up.

P.s SalsaVince, can i hire you as my pco? I read the whole backstory with your mom and you are likely far more thorough than anyone could be!!!!

5. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Nov 23 2018 1:00:50
    #

Login to Send PM

:-)You are the best

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Nov 23 2018 7:05:36
    #

Login to Send PM

You're lucky that this species is seasonal. Only is around in the home once a year. Sometimes there are leftovers, but they usually go within a few days.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. Chronic

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Nov 23 2018 7:49:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I hear some people also use a herb mixture on them as well as butter. But yeah, couple hours depending on weight and there are usually leftovers. Less if there are a lot of people around.

8. SalsaVince

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Nov 23 2018 13:53:45
    #

Login to Send PM

When you've been through and especially if you're currently going through a bed bug invasion, you could always use a laugh. Hope everyone is having a good weekend with family, friends, and food, whether you're off for Thanksgiving or not in the US. Keep living life.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323