Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

2 Chemical Treatments, new bites, and cast shell behind bed?

(5 posts)
  1. Over_This

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 2:40:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so we've had two chemical treatments, and the PCO found nothing both times, and there's been nothing in the traps he left.

I was out of the house for a few weeks, and during that time, I spent one night in an apartment where I woke up after three hours with a giant red welt on my neck. I promptly got the hell out of there and very carefully bagged up everything I had, washed/dried my clothes, etc.

I came back to the house just before the second treatment, and I was fine for over a week. Then three single bites, one on the back of both arms, and one on my lower back appeared on Friday evening. I thought mosquitos, because I was outside.

Tonight though, I found a cast skin in a bit of dust behind our bed. Could this be an old cast skin left over from before the treatment? With the new bites, should I be worried?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 10:05:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you absolutely sure that's a bed bug cast skin? If not, post a photo for ID. It's fully possible that it's old, of course. Experts have mentioned that they get everywhere and often hang around a long time because they're so light.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 10:10:07
    #

Login to Send PM

If it's the image from the other thread it's already been addressed, carpet beetle.

4. Over_This

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 12:29:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so happy to be proven wrong, believe me!

Thank you again, Big!

The bites still leave me perplexed though. Could they be in my car from that other apartment? More strange bites appeared the night after I left that apartment. I did have my car treated the day before I stayed there though.

Any ideas?

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2016 12:34:10
    #

Login to Send PM

There are more things that aren't bed bugs than are bed bugs. Way too many causes for skin irritations to narrow it down. Even stress can have physical signs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs