2 and half days after treatment and the chemicals won't dry

(2 posts)
  1. AgeanStable

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 26 2017 3:46:08
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO came and sprayed an "Insect Growth Regulator" (didn't specify which one). When I re-entered after 5 hours it was like sniffing a rag soaked in turpentine. The metal bed frame was on its side and literally dripping with liquid chemicals. I opened all the windows (they only opened one) and let it air out for another day. After 30 hours of airing I checked again the metal bed frame was still dripping with the chemical juices. I turned it over and that toxic stuff dribbled on my hand! I knew this was bad so I wiped down the bed frame as best I could. That reduced the odor by about 50%, but the nasty smell remains. I don't want to sleep in this toxic fume cloud when I can't even be sure the chemicals have safely dried, there is probably still more liquid poison seeped into the joints of the bed frame where I couldn't wipe it!!!!!

I know I need to be bait for this stupid @#@!@$I#$( treatment to work (spoilers: it won't work, google the studies on bed bugs and IGR), but I don't want to sleep in that bed when I can't even trust that the PCO did the treatment correctly and safely. 2 and half days with the windows open and it still smells like turpentine??? That doesn't feel right. I can't call the jerks until Monday so I have to choose between sleeping in a poison bug nest tonight or risking the hungry bugs wandering to other parts of the house. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I HATE THIS SO DAMN MUCH

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 26 2017 7:44:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry. That sucks.

Yeah, IGR's are no beuno for bed bugs. Sorry.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,636 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback