18 months! I made it!

(7 posts)
  1. Jenn28

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 16:33:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All

Tomorrow is November 17th and that makes me exactly 18 months bed bug free! Wow, does time ever fly! 18 months seemed like a life time when I was going through my infestation. On my to do list still is unpack the rest of the ziplock bags of clothes I don't wear anymore and unpack some items in some boxes in the storage room on my balcony. A big thanks to nobugsonme for the hard work and efforts to keep this site alive. I would also like to thank Doug, Jim, David and Lou (if I've missed any of you other "oldtimers" I apologize - a big thanks to you too!) This site was my sholder to cry on and I don't know what I would have done without the information and the support of the wonderful people here.

I made it to the finish line - phew! I hope that I never have to go through something like this again and I would never wish this upon my worst enemy - damn buggers!!!

To all of you going through this - stay positive, focused and try to live life as normally as you can! You'll drive yourself crazy if you don't! You can do it too! Best of luck.

Jennifer

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 16:52:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Good for you!!! Happy to hear another success story but why did you wait 18 months ?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 16:58:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Glad to hear that all is well.

Keep up with the good practices of avoidance and don't forget to do your monthly inspections.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 18:54:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations! Out of curiousity, how long did you battle them? My battle lasted a little over a year.

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 18:56:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrat! Hey, it's great to hear a success story so no worries that you waited 18 months.

How do you monitor now?
    When was the point where you felt it was over (hopefully it was less than 18 months :))

TAOT

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. Jenn28

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 19:17:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I battled bed bugs for about 4 months. The first month was when the most activity happened and when I realized in the 4th month that they weren't gone (yes, I self treated - shame on me) then I got a professional in. I posted a success post back in May at the one year mark, so I didn't wait until now, I just wanted to let my 18 month excitement shine I don't monitor now except to check the bed when I change the sheets. I am still on somewhat of a special alert. I started to feel comfortable again back in February so it hasn't taken this long but I still haven't unpacked a lot of stuff and I still do not always sleep with my feet under the covers (they used to bite my feet :() so it is still getting there but the relaxation and peace of mind are back in full swing.

7. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 19 2011 19:56:17
    #

Login to Send PM

This thread should be in the Success Stories category.

(Can site host nobugs change the category retroactively?)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,256 posts in 50,151 topics over 155 months by 21,922 of 22,418 members. Latest: Ldrago, frustrated1970, duracell