1 year on: Still no clue what is going on

(13 posts)
  1. CatBHelp

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:21:10
    #

Login to Send PM

It was last April that I started to notice something was up. I had these insanely itchy bites that were in a row of 3 and sometimes in the shape of a triangle. Got someone to check the place out, they said it was bedbugs, and they sprayed 3 times.

Well, it's one year later and I am still getting bitten by something. However, these bites are nothing like the one's I got last year. These are tiny little things that have a dot in the center, they tend to go away after 2 days max, and they are no where near as itchy as the bites from last year.

I have searched my apartment high and low. I've only ever found one bug crawling on my bed. It was brown, about the size of a small pea.

Is it possible to have bedbugs for one year and never find any? Also, do bites change over time?

2. bbanxiety22

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:29:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Things that I learned from this forum:
    - You cant diagnose on just bites
    - Look for fecal stains/casts
    - Get passive monitors

3. CatBHelp

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:33:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I have passive monitors up and I've caught nothing. No casts and no fecal matter on any of my sheets (all white and so are my pillow cases; no blood stains or anything).

I will add however, that my apartment building has had issued with mice. Is it possible that they may be carrying something that is making me react?

I would think that after a year, if there were bedbugs, the house would be filled with them. I have searched high and low, wasted close to $1200 between fumigating and washing clothes so often. I am at the end of my rope and I don't know what to do anymore.

4. bbanxiety22

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:39:12
    #

Login to Send PM

CatBHelp - 43 seconds ago  » 
    I would think that after a year, if there were bedbugs, the house would be filled with them. I have searched high and low, wasted close to $1200 between fumigating and washing clothes so often. I am at the end of my rope and I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm in the same boat with you, I get bites often, but monitors are always negative. Experts here have told me before to not treat unless there's an indication to do so. Since you can't diagnose with bites alone, if you don't have casts, fecal, or live/dead bugs, don't waste your money. I often feel the same way as you, I want to call a PCO and just burn heat the whole place up. What's scary is I am willing to spend that money. But until I find the reason to, I just keep checking in on this forum and get reassured that treatment is not necessary if there is no evidence. I will save my money until I find that reason to, and by reading this forum, I am assured that I can handle these buggers, if they exist in my apartment.

Anyway, have you tried seeing a doctor about your bites?

5. bbnewbie123

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:40:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey hun!

Are you sure they're bites? The reason I ask is because there are a lot of other skin reactions that look and feel like bites but may not be bites.
    Are you able to go to a dermatologist?

6. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:42:33
    #

Login to Send PM

cat: I would think that after a year, if there were bedbugs, the house would be filled with them. I have searched high and low, wasted close to $1200 between fumigating and washing clothes so often. I am at the end of my rope and I don't know what to do anymore.
    -------------------------
    Sounds like you're coming to the conclusion that you don't have bed bugs. This should be good news. Start looking elsewhere if the bites are a problem.

Richard

7. CatBHelp

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:51:20
    #

Login to Send PM

bbnewbie123 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hey hun!
    Are you sure they're bites? The reason I ask is because there are a lot of other skin reactions that look and feel like bites but may not be bites.
    Are you able to go to a dermatologist?

I have gone to a few doctors and no one can tell me what they are. By the time I get to the doctors the "bites" are gone. I have never had an in issue like this before and I am beyond confused. I haven't changed laundry detergants and I have always used the same body wash brand and shampoo. Never had anything like this happen until last year.

8. CatBHelp

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Apr 30 2015 19:52:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    cat: I would think that after a year, if there were bedbugs, the house would be filled with them. I have searched high and low, wasted close to $1200 between fumigating and washing clothes so often. I am at the end of my rope and I don't know what to do anymore.
    -------------------------
    Sounds like you're coming to the conclusion that you don't have bed bugs. This should be good news. Start looking elsewhere if the bites are a problem.
    Richard

My apartment building has had an ongoing problem with mice that they have yet to solve. Is it possible that they may have fleas or something along those lines?

9. paranoidaboutbugs

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 1 2015 4:21:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Fleas is a possibility. So is a carpet beetle larvae allergy, bites from mosquitoes, mite bites, spider bites, acne, dry skin, allergies, sudden onset eczema, stress, stress hives, etc. Oh and it is possible to suddenly get an allergic reaction to the same laundry detergent you always used for years...

I know this might be a long shot, but perhaps try a bed bug dog? On one hand, if it doesn't find anything, you can rule out bed bugs. If it does find something, get them to find visual confirmation (see FAQ's for more information). While dogs aren't 100% accurate, after a year infestation they should be able to find something usually one would think. It means more money, but it does also mean you may be able to rule out the possibility of bed bugs so you can move on from that at least...?

Let's get down the business... to defeat... the bugs. HWAH!
  10. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 1 2015 7:20:51
    #

Login to Send PM

CatBHelp:
    My apartment building has had an ongoing problem with mice that they have yet to solve. Is it possible that they may have fleas or something along those lines?

Have you considered it could be rodent mites? You may want to check in to that as a possibility since you say the building has an ongoing mice issue.
    Maybe the experts will tell you what could be used & how, to determined if rodent mites are there.

Here is a link with a pic of rodent mites. check it out to see what they look like encase you find one.
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/need-id-11
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8j7na0r489275yw

11. Robin

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 1 2015 7:36:17
    #

Login to Send PM

yes, if you'd had them for over year your home would be crawling with them - balls of them in your bed. Personally, I think you've got spider bites.

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 1 2015 7:45:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have been working on a workbook to help narrow down the list of possible causes of unknown reactions. If You PM me I will send you details of how to get a copy to work through. Once its completed and sent back I should be able to analyse it and based on previous cases make some suggestions.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  13. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 1 2015 7:49:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Robin - 3 minutes ago  » 
    yes, if you'd had them for over year your home would be crawling with them - balls of them in your bed. Personally, I think you've got spider bites.

Robin exactly what are you basing that opinion of spider bites on? Skin reactions are exactly just that , even the doctors can only say something is a bite not what bit, they are simply guessing based on the looks like code. Since there is no bug or bite pic posted how would you conclude its a spider bite?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,668 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com