1 bed bug no bites

(3 posts)
  1. Tanya

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 2:35:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I need help I feel like I am going crazy all I do is obsess over what to do next. Four weeks ago my kids stayed the weekend with a relative. The next day she discovered she had bed bugs. We washes all clothing in the house and put them in totes. Washed all bedding and cleaned everything with 91% alcohol. We got rid of beds and all bedroom furniture (we had already ordered new furniture because we are remodeling so this wasn't due to possible bed bugs). Two weeks later as I was removing tape from crown molding after painting a male bed bug was stuck on the tape. We have not seen any more, no bites or any other sign. We have a friend in pest control he loaned us a steamer and have steamed all remaining furniture, molding, cracks, ect. How much longer should I wait until moving the kids toys and things back into the house and out of totes? What's the chances that we only had the one hitch hiker? How much longer should I wait until I know we are all clear?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 6:55:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes it could just be the one, if you caught it quickly and took the right steps it may be down to just that.

My personal recommendation would be as follows:

• Install a Passive Monitor to the beds
    • Check after 7 days, if all clear unpack and get back to normal
    • If it shows signs leave it down for another 7 days and complete the TbyPMR protocol

It will confirm in the most cost effective way and may help you resolve any remaining bed bugs at the same time.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 7:06:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I definitely understand your fear. I never saw a bug, but still have anxiety. Managing the anxiety is very important.

If you have a photo of the bug, you can post it here for one of the experts to identify for you.

Single hitch-hikers can happen, but, if it helps calm your mind, there are several monitoring options out there including passive monitors you place directly on furniture and Climb-Us which get placed under the legs of furniture. You can search for posts about those methods, theres lots of good info in threads here.

It seems like you took a lot of precautions and, from reading other threads here, four weeks after exposure with no increasing signs seems like a very good situation.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail