- Nobugsonme, Experts, Community

(22 posts)
  1. Neverthought

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Sep 23 2014 8:39:52
    #

Login to Send PM

While I was on and off here yesterday, And the better part of the night reading information...

One things is certain - there is A LOT of information on this site and someone works real hard, that is actually involved, spends a lot of time to keep this going , trying to keep us calm, staying up to date with the new "stuff " , maintaining the site so it actually works and it is very user friendly btw. The ins and outs of the site and forum work spot on.

I noticed a choice characteristic you do not see much.......

He seems very mindful, careful, caring in what he offers up.
    The few topics I have asked questions, he has replied with no judgements, answered with knowledge along with compassion.

I just wanted to say thank you to Nobugsonme for actively keeping up with the site & forums here, keeping this going to help so many, everywhere, in profound ways.

You sustaining this site has contributed a wealth of information, has brought together a group of people like no other;
    Desperate, not knowing what to do, FREAKING OUT, throwing stuff out windows, bitten, swollen, building shields of duct tape, no sleeping, lethargic, depressed, anxiety, identifying this piece of grass because now everything looks like a gosh dang bed bug - kind of folks...

The expert entomologist willing to come here and identify bugs, willing to let themselves get bites, Inventor David Caine with the Bedbug Passive Monitor,
    Intellectual schooled Pest control companies, The Been there, done that's - who have tried this, that and the other to share what's worked/not worked for themselves and PS... don't go throwing DE all over your house says one DIYer to the other.

Very knowledgable people all willing to bring about some resolve amongst our chaos.
    Bedbug haters who need some support and help.

I mean the list goes on...

I don't even know who all to say because I've only made like 20 post or something ( have read so much information) It is easy to see your dedication and commitment from you and ALL your fine friends.

Nobugsonme & All You Experts
    A BIG THANK YOU !

Thank you for the community also!!
    I have come across some real nice people and that helps so much dealing with these blood suckers.
    The most selfless, random act of kindness... a member " bigdummy" even offered to ship me a passive monitor, just to help me out - how nice of him to do that !!
    I got bedbugtakeover over there cheering me on - Yay!

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Sep 23 2014 10:17:05
    #

Login to Send PM

AS always kudos and condolences for NOBUGS

3. Daylight

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Sep 23 2014 11:24:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the deepest respect and gratitude for Nobugs and the experts who help on this site. She (Nobugs) carries the torch while keeping us under her wings. She lights the way and gives us hope.

Neverthought, thanks for reminding us of the blessings of this site. I hope you find all the help you need to win your battle.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Sep 23 2014 11:46:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I for one am so grateful to NoBugs for making this place happen and keeping it neat and tidy. If it were not here I would have most likley given up in frustrated attempts to make it however one of the reasons why it works is those impeccable skills in hosting and managing things in a supremely fair way even at times when that is hard with technical subjects and people.

It really is a unique space on the internet and one I am proud to have been able to contribute to.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. Neverthought

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Sep 23 2014 13:02:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I really didn't think about the male/female.. I'm sorry :/
    That doesn't make me feel to bright ..

I just wanted to say Thank You to her.
    I was thinking how much time and devotion... It is amazing really.
    This place is a site of strong, intelligent minds helping others.

The senior members offer so much information and guidance also - hold down the fort, so to speak.

I know I haven't been here long, like I said, but I'm not sure you really have to be to see a good thing going.

Thanks guys and girls.

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Sep 23 2014 19:28:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping...

Because Nobugs should be thanked a lot!
    This site gets more and more traffic....
    which sadly probably means more and more..
    spam...which she deals with effectively.

She is the kind, solid voice of reason and experience, for sure.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 0:13:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Awwww, shucks, thanks everyone.

I always say it because it's true: the site would be nothing without all of you: the experts, the veteran Bedbuggers, and the newbites who find us and join in.

So thanks to all of you!

The site exists to try and help people who are going through the bed bug thing, as I did once. However, we're coming up on the eighth anniversary of the site next week, and it would be impossible to keep this site going if it wasn't fun for those who stick around day after day, so I really appreciate having so many fun people here in this community.

Nevethought, don't worry at all about the gender thing! Happens all the time and it's part of the deal when you use a pseudonym.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. Neverthought

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 1:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs , yep, I am sorry about that ... I just " never thought " about that gender deal, I was so focused on your character and all you do.

The whole community you have created is like one big team.

Eight years next week ! Wow !
    That's amazing !
    Cant begin to imagine all the people that have been helped in eight years.

So you had bedbugs and that was all she wrote.
    Im Thinking you getting bedbugs was sorta like a blessing then lol

9. acs80

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 11:33:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes! Nobugs is a saint. Without this site, I wouldn't have been able to identify my problem as quickly, or resolve it as efficiently, as I did a few months ago. Not to mention all the experts here - David Cain, loubugs, P Bello - who many times over ID'ed images for me or just offered kind and reassuring advice. TAOT and Daylight were especially kind in this most recent bout of mine, too. What a wonderful community of people so giving of their time and energy. I'm indebted to you all!

10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 14:28:35
    #

Login to Send PM

No bugs won't let me leave.......

Just joking. I can remove the ankle monitor anytime and she can track me on her phone.
    She's great and keeps the site up and running very well. I met her so many years ago when the bed bug problem first became so "popular" and there were the early NYC meetings.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  11. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 14:33:06
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 3 minutes ago  » 

Funny!! You always crack me up whenever you make a joke Lou Sorkin!!!

12. Daylight

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 17:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your kind words, acs80. I'm so glad things are going better for you!

And Lou, thank you for your expertise, generosity, and wonderful sense of humor!

13. bedbugtakeover

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 20:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Cheers, to Nobugs! I was so confused for a few because I really whole heartedly thought that you were a girl, nobugs! LOL, glad to see I am right! Yes, your site is the best and so is David, Paul, Lou, BigDummy, AbsolutelyFreekin, THAOT. These are the posters that I see the most on here helping. I am sure that there is a few that I forgot the names, sorry. All of you are GREAT! You all make a difference in peoples live daily. So ya, thanks Nobugs and everyone else!

14. girlygirl2020

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 20:49:11
    #

Login to Send PM

yes, thank you from a newbie currently surrounded by plastic bags and eagerly awaiting word of our first pco appt.

Is there a charity of some sort to help people afford treatments? I'm lucky in that money is not an issue for me - not rich by any means, but it's no problem for me to throw a few thousands dollars, an expert and a lot of hours of my own time into this. I can't imagine if i was on my own how in the world i could afford it - even the DIY stuff can get expensive. If and when we get through this i'd be interested in donating or doing something to help others in the same situation.

15. Mmm

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 21:19:21
    #

Login to Send PM

This forum is amazing and very insightful....I may never have figured out for sure exactly what I was dealing with if I hadn't stumbled aoon this site while trying to figure it out. Thank you all who have given advice, encouragement and some nice words to try to make others feel better about their situation...It would be nice for those of us who can't afford what it takes to get rid of these things to receive financial help....

16. lildeadybear

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 24 2014 22:37:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I would like to toss my thanks in, too. This site kept me sane and informed about the problem I was about to face and helped me come up with solutions to prevent reintroduction into the home for the future.

I scoured this site from head to toe and even moving after the heat treatment I had, I still check this site daily if only because it brings me a sense of comfort, like a warm security blanket that helps me move past the trauma and feeling of being diseased and abruptly undesirable to the rest of the world. The fight is still far from over for me, but I'm comforted in knowing that it can eventually be done.

And in a secondary way this site made it possible to receive appropriate support and understanding from my boyfriend. He's not dealing with the problem himself, but he read through the information on this site and made himself just as informed as I was every step of the way. Funny enough, at several times when I was having panic attacks, he would try to calm me by saying, "Go to that bedbug website for a bit." How funny!

But thank you so much, Nobugs, P.B., Lou, and David. There are many more of you to thank, too. Anyone who ever related to my troubles, and every one of you who shared you own so that I in turn could relate.

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Sep 25 2014 0:35:31
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 10 hours ago  » 
    Just joking. I can remove the ankle monitor anytime and she can track me on her phone.
    She's great and keeps the site up and running very well. I met her so many years ago when the bed bug problem first became so "popular" and there were the early NYC meetings.

Hi Lou!
    You are hilarious!

To anyone who doesn't know, the site assigns a "number" to each person who joins, in order. I was #1. Lou was #2. He was here first and he's right-- I am counting on him to be here forever. No pressure, Lou!

But we haven't met yet! I have an idea about remedying this soon.

Thanks for your kind words, everyone!

acs80-- I am definitely not a saint, but I am glad I can help a bit.

18. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Sep 25 2014 7:28:58
    #

Login to Send PM

As stated previously, Ms. Nobugs deserves a lot of credit for having the foresight and ingenuity to have created this much needed site.

What underscores the value herein is not only the numerous queries we see posted on these pages and the many threads but also those that we don't and never will.

There are people who monitor these pages/threads many if not most of which we will never know or hear from. However, amongst these folks there are those who, one way or another, eventually reach out with their own questions and issues seeking assistance.

We will likely never know the number of people that choose to remain in the shadows via monitoring the site, never joining, not signing in or posting but, it seems that this must be a significant number based upon observation alone.

In any case, those folks with legitimate bed bug concerns and queries has continued and increased with time which is sad in and of itself. However, at least they can find assistance here when needed.

Thanks to all for the kind words, I'm honored by your queries and best wishes for a bug free day ! pjb

19. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 28 2014 3:16:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Kudo to NoBugs who has a well rounded knowledge on bed bug prevention and management, etc!

Kudo to the pros who share their knowledge and experience!

Kudo to all others who share their time and words of wisdom!

20. Bug Buffet

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 28 2014 13:46:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Well....then I guess I will join in the kudos as well. Just registered on the site moments ago, but have been reading periodically for a few weeks now because (guess why, and you'll likely be right.)

I'll keep reading, and hope to post periodically as well, even when there is no "need" to (guess why again).

Anyway...cheers and much applause to NoBugs and all the other longtimers here, whether pros, academicians, or just plain folks like me who are fed on and fed up!

Buffet

21. Freeobugs

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 28 2014 20:04:10
    #

Login to Send PM

This site was a life saver for me. It's been over a year since our bed bug battle and I still check this site regularly. Guess I'm more of a creeper now. LOL. I like to keep updated as to what is going on in the bed bug world just in case, God forbid, I ever encounter these things again. The things I have learned have calmed my anxiety and although I do still stress at the thought of a hotel room, I know I have the skills to thoroughly inspect a room and prevent a possible reinfestation since I do travel at least once a year for work. Thanks to all who help!

Just a survivor, definitely no expert.
    Autism Warrior
  22. ThisTooShallTotallyPass

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 29 2014 0:07:49
    #

Login to Send PM

No kidding!! I am so grateful I was pointed to this site--I might have wound up dousing myself in DE or stuck Nuvan Strips all over my bed. It is incredibly generous of all of you to help all of us deeply overwhelmed people. Thank you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956