Worst Hotel Experience

(3 posts)
  1. slightlyoptimistic

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue May 9 2017 22:42:46
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband and I are staying in Beijing for the next four months and we've been here for a week. We were staying in a short term apartment (basically a studio apartment run like a hotel) for a week and a half but didn't last that long. A few days after arriving I had a bed bug bite. A couple days later we were both covered in them. Red welts all over our arms and back. I found what looked like dead beg bug under our sheets and while inspecting the mattress found some live bugs and cast skins. We were able to switch rooms later that day to a room a few floors up and the other side of the building. We slept there for a night and then moved a few suitcases to a two bedroom apartment. We moved everything else in the next day. Once we unpacked suitcases they went into the sunroom in the second bedroom. China doesn't typically have dryers (or hot water in the washing machine) in apartments so there's no way to dry all our clothes unless we paid a laundry service a ton of money. All our clothes/shoes/bags are in the other sunroom which should hit 120-130 degrees.
    We stayed in the infested room for four nights. We both had new bites pop up a few days after leaving, which I read is normal. My husband hasn't had a new bite in a couple days but I've had some less troublesome ones show up. The sheets weren't ours, there wasn't carpet on the floor and clothes were across the room and rarely touched the bed. How likely is it that we brought bed bugs to the place we are in now? I've checked the bed multiple times a day and haven't seen any stains/fecal matter/bugs/shed skins. I'm really paranoid and have trouble sleeping.

2. slightlyoptimistic

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat May 13 2017 8:24:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I just wanted to write an update. We've been in the new place for a week and I don't think my husband has had any new bites. I didn't have anything pop up for two days and then I've had around 6 or 7 bites appear in the last 24 hours. I think they're either old or delayed because they're not as red and not as itchy. ted 50 bites on himself from 4 nights there. I probably had something close to that. Should I be really worried? That's really what I'm wondering at this point.
    picture 1Picure 2Picture 3

3. slightlyoptimistic

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 15 2017 22:32:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I just killed a nymph on our couch. That probably explains why I've been getting bit while my husband hasn't (I'm home more and sometimes nap on the couch). It also explains why there were some days I didn't get bit (because I wasn't really on said couch). I'm going to wait for it to get a little warmer and then wash the slipcover and go searching around the bright pink couch underneath. Hopefully that was the only one. I was still getting bites in threes though (basically only three at a time were showing up each day) and I read from the experts that they don't see bugs biting multiple places that much. Slightly optimistic?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,240 posts in 40,867 topics over 124 months by 17,884 of 18,271 members. Latest: DDScared97, Chelsearae0315, nervousbugdown