Worried about a reinfestation

(3 posts)
  1. BBIndiana

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jan 3 2018 15:39:15
    #

Login to Send PM

So about 3months ago, I found bed bugs in my step daughters room. Our house has been treated twice now, and we're awaiting our last inspection to make sure they are gone.
    My husband comfronted her mother, and she claimed that she was getting them from the school and that she sprayed preventative every week. So i called the school and they have no infestation and are taking steps to prevent bb there.
    We take steps to prevent another infestation, she isn't allowed to bring things to our house, her shoes and backpack stay in the garage, and she showers, and her clothes get washed as soon as she walks in the door.
    I still fear we may get bb again. If anyone has any other advice on preventing bringing them back in, I'd like to know.

2. thirdusername

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 11:46:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you having a k9 inspection?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 13:04:13
    #

Login to Send PM

BBIndiana - 1 day ago  » 
    So about 3months ago, I found bed bugs in my step daughters room. Our house has been treated twice now, and we're awaiting our last inspection to make sure they are gone.
    My husband comfronted her mother, and she claimed that she was getting them from the school and that she sprayed preventative every week. So i called the school and they have no infestation and are taking steps to prevent bb there.
    We take steps to prevent another infestation, she isn't allowed to bring things to our house, her shoes and backpack stay in the garage, and she showers, and her clothes get washed as soon as she walks in the door.
    I still fear we may get bb again. If anyone has any other advice on preventing bringing them back in, I'd like to know.

How old is your step daughter? The story isn't clear since the school hasn't admitted to the problem if it exists and the ex-wife doesn't know either. Spraying a preventative might actually be making a population scatter in the home. She didn't say if she had them or is worried about getting them from her daughter. Bed bugs are/were in the daughter's bedroom there?
    You can try monitors to pick them up if they are crawling about. Try using folded up small cloth or folded paper as a monitor but you have to unfold to examine. Leave on floor/wall at couch or bed legs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,244 posts in 45,470 topics over 139 months by 19,981 of 20,745 members. Latest: verboserabbit, ShortBanana, Holidaybugs