Wooden Bedframe/Furniture

(3 posts)
  1. mchartra

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 9 2010 23:41:10
    #

Login to Send PM

So I agreed to leave my bedroom furniture with a subletter while I was out of the country for a month. I removed my clothes, bedding, etc., and left only an Ikea Malm bedframe, a mattress, a wood desk and a shelf. I returned today to pick up my furniture (the subletter had extended his lease with the landlord and will be staying in the room), and as I was lifting the mattress, I saw a live bedbug. I dropped the mattress, peered at the mattress, and saw 3 more live bedbugs. And 4 dead ones. I threw the mattress out immediately, and started to disassemble my furniture. While taking the bed apart, I saw 2 live bugs on the frame. I moved the shelf and bedframe to an isolated storage unit in the building, where they're sitting now. My question is, what steps should I take to make sure the bed frame and shelf are okay to move to my new place? Should I call Pest Control and have them look at it? How much would it cost me? I'm a student, so if there's a home remedy for solid furniture (the bedframe and the shelf are made of smooth, block-like particleboard, no cracks, but there are screwholes) I'd prefer to save the money.

2. bug-tired

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 10 2010 18:42:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Check out the FAQ's - there's one on treating wooden bedframes.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 10 2010 21:13:27
    #

Login to Send PM

The first thing you need to do is get back down to the storage area and seal it up with shrink wrap. Then return it to your room or outside the building to deal with it. Read the facts but a professional treatment possibly paid for by management is in order.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,148 posts in 28,296 topics over 87 months by 12,192 of 19,347 members. Latest: falc2, jazzychazzy, MANthrax
Site Meter