Windex for crawling bugs

(4 posts)
  1. adrianna1973

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 13 2010 8:37:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I discovered that Windex is great at killing bed bugs when sprayed directly on the bug. Windex is toxic stuff so do not get it on your own skin or leave it sitting on surfaces. It is toxic to cats who sit or walk on everything. Once you have done your massacre of bugs wipe it off with just plain water on a paper towel.

As with anything read the label. I have attached the Material Saftey Data Sheet for Windex.[url=http://www.maskedflowerimages.com/windex.html]null

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 13 2010 9:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

91% alcohol is a cheaper choice and leaves practically no residue.

Jim

3. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 13 2010 10:09:15
    #

Login to Send PM

When I went to the 2nd Boston Bedbug conference, the inspectors there told us almost anything will kill a bedbug on contact so I would have to think Windex might, too. Like spidyjg, the inspectors mentioned alcohol as something to kill bedbugs on contact. The sad thing is that some internet vendors are selling expensive snake-oil sprays "guaranteed to kill bedbugs on contact"--when rubbing alcohol will do the same thing. Buyer beware.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 13 2010 10:23:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It's good that we have alternatives.
    Alcohol or Windex, which leave little or no residue (but can damage paint, plastic and finishes), can be good on fabrics. Murphy's, a greasy soap, can be a better choice for leathers or wood, while a conventional detergent (assuming it works) can be good for most other surfaces.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,284 posts in 29,422 topics over 90 months by 12,692 of 19,954 members. Latest: SFgirl2345, Ugh bugs, Chincheskilla