Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Resources

Where to get big bag for mattress disposal in NYC?

(5 posts)
  1. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jan 7 2011 14:30:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Now that NYC requires that disposed mattresses be wrapped, where in Manhattan or Brooklyn do I buy one? I may need to toss a mattress (fortunately, for non-BB reasons).

Thanks.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  2. noanestheticNYC

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jan 7 2011 22:21:49
    #

Login to Send PM

UHaul stores, but easiest to order on line from them.

3. jrbtnyc

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jan 8 2011 0:16:55
    #

Login to Send PM

My guess: check with ordinary hardware stores, maybe especially the larger ones. The stores in my neighborhood on the Upper West Side already have some quite large bags, and with the new law I'm betting they just got a shipment this week of mattress-size ones. If they don't have them, tell them they should have them and show them an article about the new law. They're always looking for new things that can make a buck, of course.

4. toledo

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jan 8 2011 15:41:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you use plastic sheeting and just tape it well? That's what we did. I think plastic sheets are easy to find.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jan 8 2011 19:34:01
    #

Login to Send PM

toledo - 3 hours ago  » 
    Can you use plastic sheeting and just tape it well? That's what we did. I think plastic sheets are easy to find.

toledo:

Are you taping along every single edge and corner? If not, then bed bugs might potentially get out.

(That said, I am basing my answer on how not to spread bed bugs. I suspect the city may accept this, but can't confirm that.)

Cilecto:

I have not used these but I have seen Banana Bags in various mattress sizes in a mom and pop hardware store in Queens These are 2 mil, but I can't find a thicker one that is cheap (under $6).

If you want to see them online, the Banana Bags are in the Bedbugger Amazon store (click here and go to "Storage and Disposal").

Protect-a-bed also has a mattress disposal bag which is in the $18-20 range and is sold by US Bed Bugs or (obviously) Protect-a-bed. I haven't seen or used those either. I can't speak to how well they're designed compared with the Banana Bags.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

199,814 posts in 30,979 topics over 94 months by 13,427 of 20,831 members. Latest: erickeese, peter911, AshleyMJ