Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Where to buy bed bug for research

(5 posts)
  1. kannan

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 4 2010 12:53:50
    #

Login to Send PM

We are looking to buy bed bugs for science research project.
    Does any one know where we can buy them. Can you please point us in the right direction where we can buy them. Also how much it cost to buy 100 bed bugs.
    We appreciate your time.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 6 2010 0:49:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have someone supervising your science research project, at the university or school?

Working with a potentially harmful pest such as this would surely require some kind of special permission and supervision.

Without getting and verifying such information, people would be irresponsible to provide you with live bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. 123bugs

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 6 2010 0:53:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I could point you to a particular hotel room for some free ones.......lol
    (Just jokin')

4. jrbtnyc

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 6 2010 12:46:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you the same as the New York craigslist posting below? If so, I would suggest checking with the US Postal Department, or UPS, or whoever, in advance about your provisions for shipping because it may well qualify as a "hazardous material". If you just send them without disclosure of what they are, you might be running the risk law enforcement authorities would take a dim view of it. Not to say you can't get permission for the shipment, just that you should be open and above board about it. (In my opinion merely as a casual observer.)

--------------------------------

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/sks/1991073975.html

living bedbugs
    Date: 2010-10-05, 8:28PM EDT
    Reply to: serv-wbkkc-1991073975@craigslist.org

Seeking healthy bugs for scientific experiment
    I need about twenty-five sent to Florida

--------------------------------

5. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 6 2010 13:47:58
    #

Login to Send PM

You know...this is ridiculous...Someone comes on the forum...here for two days...one and only post is where to get 100 bbs for scientific research? Why ask about that here? Why not go directly to a university or entomologist. Goodness, if this person only Googled a bit, they could easily find entomologists dealing with bed bugs. Contact them.

And the OP says "we are looking to buy"....Who the Hell are "We" for crying out loud? It could be freakin' terrorists trying to put us over the freakin' edge.

I say nobody here should help this person get bed bugs. I mean, really, how swift can this person be if he/she doesn't even have enough common sense than to just jump in and ask for bed bugs? I must say, the more i think about it, the more enraged i'm becoming - and fearful too that somehow someone will provide him/her with bed bugs without carefully investigating what "they" plan to do with them.

I don't think there's currently anything against sending these live creatures in the mail, but there ought to be. You ought to have to have some kind of license to sell, exchange, give or dispose of any number of live bed bugs to another, or to offer or agree to do the same or to mail any quantity of live bedbugs. And you ought to have a license to purchase them as well.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.