Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Where they itch and where they don't?

(5 posts)
  1. F@ Bed Bugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 13 2008 18:17:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I encountered a bad infestation of these bastards at a motel 5 weeks ago. I did not react until I was almost home and it took me 2 days before I was certain it was BB, after I opened my suitcase (I kept it in the car in case it was bed bugs, but the doctor said it was hives..glad I didn't believe her). I found one on my towel which I had slept with over my pillow at the motel. I was concerned I brought some home...had the house sprayed immediately after finding the bug, but I still cannot be optimistic.

I sleep with only my arms bare, and have not found anything that resembles the original bites on my arms yet. Some small itchy bumps, but not like the welts left after the motel feeding. I am sure that 150 bites might cause a more severe reaction than just a few though. Also I had maybe 10-15 bites on my face after the motel and they went away fast and did not itch, so I know that not all bites in all areas will be itchy. In the last 5 weeks I have found bumps on my face that do not look or feel like pimples (mostly around the hairline), although I do have mild acne, so its hard to tell. I had two pimple like bumps on my neck that weren't itchy, but I do not normally get pimples there. Just this week I slept with only a long t-shirt on and next day my ass was a bit itchy and yesterday I saw three red bumps on my ass cheek...also don't get pimples there, but we all get a little itch sometimes. There was an itchy welt in the crease of my leg which I hoped was from shaving the bikini area, but I am finding it harder and harder to be optimistic. I don't have $1500 to spend on a thorough treatment and don't want to ask dad, especially if there are no bugs. I guess after all that babble, my question is where are the bites itchy and not itchy ( for those who have a pretty severe reaction to bites, as I assume I do). I have done a self-inspection many times, but if an infestation has begun it would still be small so bites are the only thing I can monitor at this point. My room and bed are covered in carpet tape, but if they are in the mattress I don't expect to find anything. One week with light coloured sheets and no blood spots. But those mysterious bites keep me from being optimistic.

2. vampiremenionprey

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 14 2008 3:06:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I get bites all over, from legs feet hands arms face and yes even the neather regions. how i have no clue as i quit sleeping nude a while ago. mine itch anywhere. not so much on my face but still irritating

3. myLifeinZiplocs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 14 2008 3:12:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't tell what's bites and what is dry skin, or moles or wtf is going on.

I don't *think* I have gotten bites lately but I'm not sure. I just itch in a bunch of spots but they don't look like bites.

4. SleeplessinMadison

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 14 2008 16:30:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Ugh, ziploc, I know how you feel - I am itchy ALL OF THE TIME, no matter where I am, or what I'm doing, and I just can't tell if it's from the stupid bugs or not. Our PCO recommended wearing DEET to bed at the beginning (don't worry, I've since stopped that practice) and that made me break out, I have super dry skin now that it's getting cold, and I think a lot of it is in my head. But my roommates who used to get severe reactions haven't reported a bite in a while, so I'm hopeful...

5. F@ Bed Bugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 14 2008 17:15:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks...I forgot to mention that the "bites" on my neck were surrounded by rash like bumps...Not even one of 150 bites from the motel had a rash around it which gave me hope that it might be the weather. I itch all the time too, and old bites keep flaring and itching still after five weeks. The bites on my cheek were slightly itchy but the ones on my forehead didn't bother me. i've found many small itchy bumps, even in places I was not bitten originally, but none of them resemble or itch like the motel bites, and they disappear fast...but I worry that 150 bites will cause a different reaction than just a few:(

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,364 posts in 29,440 topics over 90 months by 12,705 of 19,968 members. Latest: BuggyNoMoreIHope, hinfungyik, abq671