• Latest reply from bedbugsbugme
  • (no related topics found)
  1. whatbitme

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 22:19:30
    #

Login to Send PM

So. I won a battle with a BIG infestation about 4 years ago. It was a stressful and expensive nightmare. All clear! Recently I have been munched on in my right arm. I KNOW these devils did not survive 4 years. Where did they come from? I wracked my brain on what is new in my bedroom. The ONLY thing is a throw rug I bought from a discount store called Five Below.

I am back to anxiety and restless sleep (if any.)

We have done a full bedroom sweep and I am hoping this was caught early enough to keep my bed which STILL has it's bedbug covers and my 20-year-old favorite feather pillow, also with a bedbug cover.

Be careful of what you even buy new, this was the only "different" thing added to my bedroom.

2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 23:06:24
    #

Login to Send PM

There are many ways they can travel into the home. They can hitchhike from a place you sat down in public. Someone you visted or someone who visted you. Lots of possibilities. But of course you can get a hitchhiker on something new as well.
    Good luck I hope you caught it early and are able to eradicate it quickly. Also whenever you buy something new, treat it with hot soapy water immediately. Or you can throw stuff in the dryer for 45 mins.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. repulsedbybb

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 23:12:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, WBM....I'm in the same boat as you. I had bed bugs in 2009 after the worst Disneyland trip ever....that time, I knew I had them because I was itching like crazy and found a bug shell and a bug within a week of coming home. This time after having weird skin reactions for 2 months, I had nothing to prove that I had any bugs, until tonight I found what looks to be a dried up one behind the couch....I'm so sick about it because I've been like the MOST paranoid person in the world about BBs since my horrible experience 8 years ago. I never buy used things, bag all of my new stuff until I can wash them, double dry my clothes, and rarely have guests over...

If I have BBs, I have absolutely no idea where they could have come from....unless, like you say, they are coming from just regular stuff I buy at the store new. The thing is, with the odds of bringing them home this easily, how on earth can I justify spending thousands of dollars to get rid of them again, knowing that I could get them back so easily in the future.

I'm a pretty tough person but I seriously want to cry...

4. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 23:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh don't worry darling. I lost my shit last night when I killed a bed bug on my bed that had just feasted on my blood! My 7 month old son sleeps with me so my anxiety is through the roof right now. My husband is currently sleeping in our bed and I'm sleeping in his since he claims he hasn't been bitten (he's a strong reactor like me). I still will not be able to sleep. I will most likely be up watching making sure no bugs bite my son.

But we are all in the same boat. After getting treated and declared bed bug free for so long BOOM! These lil MFers move in like tiny ninjas! Goooood I wish there was a way to wipe them of the face of the earth already!!!

5. repulsedbybb

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 0:14:17
    #

Login to Send PM

BBBM, were you cleared by a PCO or by a K9? I don't remember if I've seen any posts from you about what treatment you've had? I have been hesitant to call either to come and check because when I've called to get prices and tell them what I've found, they are quick to say, "It sounds like bed bugs," even though most of those things have been cleared on here by the professionals.

I think as paranoid as I am to have BBs, I'm equally as paranoid to be pacified with treatment without real evidence...and I've been searching and searching...

Did you have chemical treatment? I had steam, heat treatment and chemical treatment in 2009, which took all the money that I had. I don't know if I can afford it again, especially with the notion that I could get them back from who knows where....

Praying for you and your little one...and for the rest of us in this boat.

6. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 1:07:32
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO who treated my house (chemical and dust) cleared me after 2 treatments. I had a light infestation. I did not join this board until after I got treated

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,537 posts in 40,563 topics over 124 months by 17,751 of 18,112 members. Latest: gabbyr, waterhead, Brokegradstudent