Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

When the pros tell you to wait for signs..A true story with bedbugger.com heroes

(4 posts)
  1. nycmom

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 9:09:32
    #

Login to Send PM

So my bites started early in July. A bunch of 'em every couple of nights and very itchy. My daughter was also terribly bitten and after some time I started to get panicky. I was not seeing any visual signs but I called in the dogs thinking, i need to know if I have bedbugs ASAP to "nip it in the bud" because maybe they are there and I am just not seeing it yet. Sure enought the dog hit on all (4) beds in my house. I was devastated and immediately scheduled a thermal heat treatment (despite my husband's protests). $2600 later (cheap for thermal, I know) I was still getting bites. Then, one night I found a tiny bug on my leg and I managed to kill it but save it. It was tiny and I was only able to take a very unclear picture of the specimen which I sent to Loubugs (= lifesaver) who said, too small to id but NOT a bedbug. Meanwhile I was still a basket case with numerous bites and no end in site. I thought, maybe that was a random, non bed bug but I still have bedbugs going on. SO, as I live in NY, I called the famous KillerQueen thinking he can come down to inspect. He was extremely nice and basically talked me down from the edge, explaining if I dont see signs I DONT have bedbugs. Apparently it is that simple...my dog was wrong and my thermal was unnecessary..... But this story is not over yet...My crazy bedbug brain was still not getting it. Finally, I decided it was time to find out exacly what bug I did find that other night, so I showed the specimen to the expert (thank you Loubugs!)
    IT WAS A FLEA! Likely coming from the stray cat in my garage.
    I am sharing this story because I think some companies really take advantage of terrified freaked -out anxious women and when the pros tell you to wait to see signs of bedbugs before assuming you have it....you probably should do that. Also Im sharing this story because I think this site is amazing, the professionals that post on this site are kind and generous in using their time to to help others in this way! Thank you everyone and please keep doing what you do!

2. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 10:15:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing nycmom.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Sep 15 2012 0:35:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the kind words nycmom. Sorry you had to go through what you did but at least its now over and you can put it past you.

This is so common for me and I see it more then you could imagine. It really pisses me off because people are being taken advantage of at the worst possible time. When I try to get the message out there about bad dogs in the industry I start wars. But the facts for me are the same each year and virtually behind every dog in the city. 95% of the time I go behind a dog for a second opinion - there is no evidence to be found. When this gets challenged and put to the test, handlers hide vials to prove their dogs can find bugs. That is not my complaint. I know the dog can find vials of bugs ... heck my 5 year old will find vials of bugs in under five minutes. Lord knows he told me the bugs were on my bed on one of my recent vacations. lol, I guess I should have listened to him before I unpacked.

Soon I will be setting up hidden cameras in apartments where bed bugs have never been found and calling in K9 companies to inspect ... and then people can see for themselves just what I'm talking about when I post them on my site. I tried to exposed this in the past with the media but they were to stupid to go into that type of challenge. All they did was have a dog hit on a training wheel or on bugs that were planted in a room ... a complete joke in terms of comparison to what I'm talking about.

Anyway ... I can't stand that part of the industry ... it's the worse thing to come along since the EPA but I'll end it there.

Once again, glad I was able to help make sense of it all . Best of luck to you!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Sep 15 2012 0:39:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing! Glad you found a resolution to the problem.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989