Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

When am I in the clear - after moving out of a house with BBs?

(3 posts)
  1. movingout101

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 1:44:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved out 14 days after BBs came into the house where I was staying. The dogs only smelled them in 1 room - never my room. The dogs didn't smell them on my moving boxes or my furniture wrapped in moving blankets. (I was at my parent's house in between 2 moves - and my mom got bed bugs in that exact time frame). I sat on the same sofa that she did, and they may have been on her clothes. My boxes and furniture weren't in her room, but they weren't far. I put most of my clothes in the dryer on hot (that I was wearing) - but I didn't do that with things in my closet that I never wore. Linens were all in boxes.

I moved to the new place, put the beds and box springs in encasements. I have climb ups on my bed and the empty guest bed (sort of pointless to use in there). I put cimexa along the baseboards. There's no way they can really reach me to bite me while sleeping, unless they are on my clothes or something from a box that I put on my bed. This is now a 4-br house, so I just wonder if I'll be bitten in 2 months if one happened to end up downstairs in a closet and I'm sleeping far away upstairs. It's a very shitty feeling to have & accepting that it's "over" is hard to do when it's nearly impossible to prove a negative.

I've read 6-8 weeks of empty climb ups (and no bites) means it is over, but I feel like that doesn't apply when they can be another floor away and on the opposite side of the house.

2. Mawiwala

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 2:39:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a passive monitor. You don't know if you react to bites.

3. movingout101

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 16:56:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Like climb ups? Or something else. I have climb ups on all my bed's legs. I didn't put them on the sofa due to the wide size of the legs... not sure if I should do that too actually. I suppose I'd have to buy another brand that's for bigger legs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd