(3 posts)
  1. witt444

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 20 2010 15:03:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there--

New to the forum, though I've seen it before and hoped I would never have to come to it for info *sigh*

My house (a free-standing structure made completely of wood) found bedbugs two weeks ago... clothes are washed and in bags on the roof, friends are warned, things are steamed, liquor and bad t.v. has been consumed in quantity... We had our first of 3 exterminations about 4 days ago, and since then I've seen one live bug on the couch (where I haven't seen one before, but am fairly certain they exist) and a couple sheds on the futon.

My question is: what should I expect after the exterminator? I mean obviously they can't kill them all right away, but am I likely to see more of them after exterminating, like when you poison roaches? Are the sheds on the futon a sign that they're still alive and thriving, or that they're dying? I know I'll drive myself nuts being convinced the extermination didn't work at all, but I don't know how to gauge success. My roommate was here when it happened and said the PCO was pretty thorough, but... well I enjoy making myself nuts about it. Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Jenn28

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 20 2010 16:09:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I've heard that it's normal to see an increase in activity after treatments. It's also normal to continue to see live bugs for up to 21 days after, whether it's the first treatment or last. That's what my PCO says anyway. They need time to die. Do the ones you have seen seem sluggish and slow, like they are dying? If your PCO was very thorough, then wait this out and see what happens over the next 2 treatments. BTW, your room mate was allowed to stay during treatment? Was this a chemical or natural treatment? I had to leave for 4-6 hours when they did my place.

3. bugnut

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 20 2010 16:49:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Ditto what Jenn said. My PCO was pretty aggressive - I had to leave when he was working (using a type of misting machine, plus spray, plus dust) and he had on a respirator. Made me take out all the dog toys and bowls (dog too) cover dishes or wash them after etc. I know this type of treatment is not for everyone, but it was what I needed to do. Hang in there - it can take a while to kill them!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.