What to expect after first treatment?

(6 posts)
  1. hatshepsut

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Sep 14 2008 14:48:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Our (hopefully mild) infestation was treated by an exterminator on Friday. Any suggestions on what to expect? If I have found new bites today (Sunday), does that mean we are in bigger trouble than I thought? How likely is it that I was bit before the treatment? The bed/boxspring is encased, and bed legs are coated in vaseline. I guess it's possible that they are biting me from the couch or while sitting in front of computer... Argh. So frustrating.

2. TT

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 15 2008 13:32:31
    #

Login to Send PM

my place's still in treating now. 4 times of spraying already!! ..
    Some suggestion that I know, don't move to sleep anywhere else beside the bed that you've slept, stay in the same bed .. sound ichy but that the way it should be. The bugs will follow you where else if you move. After first treatment, it's normal that you will see the bugs again. Depend on how bad your situation is, they might have to come back for the treatment again and again and again.
    Wish you a luck.

3. infest

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 15 2008 13:41:36
    #

Login to Send PM

it depends what your pco did.even if you were treated properly, you may still notice bugs for a few days after. the pco should come back about 10 days later to treat again. if your infestation is mild and you are doing everything right, most of them will be gone by the 2nd treatment. but it's always a good idea to treat a 3rd time for good measure. they you must dust and caulk the [expletive deleted] out of your walls and floors. good luck to you!

4. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 15 2008 18:46:54
    #

Login to Send PM

With my first few treatments, every time I was sprayed, I saw an increase in BB activity. It's as though the treatment rustled them and they came out of hiding. After a few days, they would die off. So don't be discouraged if you see bugs immediately after a treatment.

5. prayerfullybitten

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 15 2008 18:55:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Really? So there supposed to come out of the woodworks like they're doing in my apartment? Good to know, because I was scared out of my mind.

6. Marixpress

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Sep 16 2008 10:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't found any dead bugs yet and its been over 2 weeks since the first spraying. I've found about 15-30 live ones though after taking apart my daughter's bedroom. Ugh

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.