What should I do next?(4 posts)
I believe I recently caught 3 small bedbugs and now I am stuck on what to do next.
About a week or 2 ago my arm really started to be irritated and I got a small bump or 2 on my forearm and it would not stop burning/iching. But it was only on my forearm and no where else which I found strange. I though it was simply mesquito bites and ignored it for a day or 2. Then I began developing a TON of tiny bump on my forearm and started freaking out because it hurt pretty bad. So since I live with my parents I naturally told my father about this and showed him my arm. My dad told me it was probably some irritation or maybe poison ivy as I was working outside the week before with trees and plants and since somehow no one I'm my immediate family has ever gotten poison ivy I was still skeptical. I couldn't see a doctor so I was stuck with just his opinion. So with hearing it might be a possible poison ivy rash I still was freaked out and did not sleep in my room because I thought was that it was some kind of bug but never really considered bedbugs an option.
So still being the skeptic that I am, I convinced my dad to help me spray my room with some generic brand of bug spray that said can help get rid of some of them (which probably did not work) we saw a bug but it didn't look like a bed bug so we just killed it and threw it away. Still freaked out I didn't not sleep in my bed again, I washed all my clothes in hot water and added a bit a vinegar and took all my sheets/pillows/blanket everything off and bagged them and threw them in our garage. I specifically bought bright white sheets to see if anymore bugs show up. So the same night I am in my room just continously cleaning my room when I see it. A bed bug right on my bed walking around. I quickly grab a peice of tape and catch the sucker to inspect in the morning since it was around 11 PM - 12 PM quickly tape him to my desk and wait to show my dad in the morning. After I do some research on this great site and compare it to the pictures of the stage 3 (maybe 4) nymph and it is EXACTLY the same. *Pictures coming soon* so I go on a rampage and threw everything away except my mattres and begin vacumming and glueing up any and all holes near my bed.
It has been 4 days after I caught the small nymph and the other night I found another one. I have continously been looking at my bed all night to see if I find something because I find it strange that I looked everywhere and have yet to find a full grown bed bug, I have only found nymphs does anyone know what a possible explaination can be as to why this is?
And what my next possible step is? I would love to get a PCO but we really can't afford 3,000+ worth of PCO bills to fully get rid of them.
I really have no idea what to do next and am going crazy. I cannot even stop moving because when I do I feel like something is crawling all over me and always feel ichy. Its driving me nuts.I am lossing sleep every night just watching my bed to see if anything pops up.
Any advice would be very, very helpful!
Thank you so much.
Does anyone know what the best way to photograph a bed bug?
I have 2 insects which I believe is bed bugs but everytime I zoom it, it does horrible and the tape doesn't help either since its regular scoth tape.
Any info would be great
For photographing small and up close shots, use a macro setting on your camera.
For your bed bug issue, I'd recommend a PCO for sure - as that is the sure fire way to really get rid of bed bugs. A DIY project is great for controlling the infestation, but in my opinion only a PCO can truly rid you of one.
Is anyone else in your house getting bit or is it just you? Avoid sleeping out of your room, keep them localized in your room so that treatment can be most effective.
Macro setting+5-10X magnifying glass against the lens= great ID shot.
You must log in to post.