Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

what is the bed bug's body liquid color?

(6 posts)
  1. hate

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 6 2009 15:48:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I got bites and I am afraid they are bed bugs. I checked mattress and box spring. Nothing there, but I found some dark brown bugs between the capet and wood board. I use my nail to kill them and a white liquid come out from their bodies. I heard when people squeeze it, the color should be blood color. Are these bugs in my home bed bugs?

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 6 2009 16:34:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a picture of the bugs and post it. Our PCOs, Entomologists, or veteran BB warrior can look at a good close up photo and tell you in a blink.

The color of their splat spot will vary on too many factors and a description isn't going to work.

Jim

3. BugBoy911

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2009 20:24:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I personally have squished bedbugs that havn't fed for quite sometime and had no blood inside it, after squishing they had a white guts color inside, but not much. If you squished a bud and a lot of white guts came out then it is probably not a bed bug. But when a bedbug that hasn't eatn in a while and is very flat, when you squish it you will get a little bit of white guts color. Your situation sounds like you had some sort of beetle, but a picture would help. BugBoy911

4. hate

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Nov 10 2009 0:38:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I took some pictures but I do not know how to post the picture. I found two fleas on my dog yesterday and i was so suprise because she is on revolution. Today I found several fleas in our powder room's sink, and one is in the vent on the celling. I remember we had a bird family raised their babies on our vent and we could not get rid of them. Maybe the birds brought us the fleas and bedbugs.

5. helpwbug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 12 2009 12:19:54
    #

Login to Send PM

When you kill a bed bug, does blood come out all at once or if you keep squeezing will more come out?

I'm stll going crazy b/c I took this blackish-grey seed like thing out of my dogs mouth the other day and blood came out of it when I squeezed it and I'm afraid it was a bed bug!

The thing I took out of his mouth was oval and blackish grey. It was big enough that I could see it from across the room when it fell on the carpet after he spit it out. It almost seemed like it had a soft-grey outer shell and the blood came out only at the top. It was dark red blood and each time I squeezed the toilet paper it was in, more blood came out? Sound like a bed-bug related thing? If it was a bed bug, would it have gotten squished and all the blood come out while it was in his mouth or would it have been possible for it to stay in tact until I picked it up w/ the toilet paper and squeezed it?

I had a PCO come out and he looked at the matresses and box springs and said he saw no signs but I'm sort of afraid that wasn't thorough enough. Have any of you had PCO come out and miss something?

Please help I'm going crazy!!

6. LAWoman

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Nov 18 2011 16:04:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Truthfully what you describe sounds more like a tick. My dog when I was a child used to get those and they looked like little swollen sacks with legs--all different colors, but I remember some that were big and round and grayish in color. Way gross and yes they squirted blood. I haven't ever seen or read anything about bed bugs being that color--just pale cream to gold then brownish red when they're well fed. And bed bugs are very flat in the bad, as my sister describes it more of a cross between a cockroach and a really gross flattened out tick.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.