Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

what about those electronic devices

(11 posts)
  1. tisIsaidthefly

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 12 2008 1:34:35
    #

Login to Send PM

like the ones they advertise on tv - riddex or whatever? I mean I don't know if those things even really work but if they do, why not one to drive the bed bugs away too?
    Could you imagine? How easy to get rid of them then. I wish.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 12 2008 2:19:30
    #

Login to Send PM

We're told electronic repellents on the market now do not get rid of bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. wirehead

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 12 2008 8:52:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I think those things don't even work for other sorts of bugs. Complete scam.

4. Newbeebugger

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 12 2008 9:53:16
    #

Login to Send PM

What about the Nightwatch system? Maybe there is some hope here. Is it a million dollars to buy? Is it on the market yet? It's a suplimental means to control them but in this case more is better.

Newbeebugger

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 12 2008 12:35:04
    #

Login to Send PM

It is not on the market yet (November or October) and it also won't be sold, we're told, to individuals, though that may change. It sounds like it has worked well in tests.

6. wirehead

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 12 2008 14:56:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, maybe you guys are talking about something else. I thought tisI was referring to those devices that emit some sort of sound at a frequency that only bugs can hear, which repels them. AFAIK there's no scientific evidence whatsoever that those work (and anecdotally I've heard they don't) but maybe the Nightwatch is something different.

7. jannifer20

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 12 2008 18:24:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I have used Goodlife wall plugins. That seems to help but I'm not sure to what extent. I've combined them with a CPO, powder, freezing some of my paper files and neem oil. Also I emptied my basement out completely and got rid of a lot of clutter.
    I've been having flares but no new bites I think. Have been washing clothes in hot water since May.
    Entomologist says wait a couple of weeks. I don't think they believed me but CPO had seen a dead one and confirmed it.
    What a nightmare. This is the hardest thing I've gone through I think.
    I think they're gone. It's hit me pretty hard emotionally. I live alone and haven't seen my family because I didn't want to pass it on. I told a few friends.
    Any ideas about how to clean shoes out?

8. meli

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 1:59:58
    #

Login to Send PM

neem oil might be good for shoes! i forgot about that in a previous post. it's smelly, though, so maybe with other more aromatic oils?

and maybe lemongrass? you can get lemongrass tea, maybe keep fresh teabags in your shoes.

also, rubbing alcohol seems to stop them, though i mush them to make sure...and when i spilled a couple of drops from my spray bottle of rubbing alcohol next to the bed, one crawled out a short time later from that spot and came running toward me looking disoriented. i got the impression it was quite successfully repelled by it.

9. meli

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 2:01:52
    #

Login to Send PM

ps don't give up and i hope they were gone for good : )

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 2:38:39
    #

Login to Send PM

If Neem is a repellent as people claim, it may be a very bad idea for an active bed bug infestation (might cause bed bugs to dig in deeper for a while and then return).

11. watkinsnewan

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 10:35:35
    #

Login to Send PM

DO you think that it would be a good idea to treat with a few drops stuff like a file cabinet or toy box to get them out and cross over the poison the PCO sprayed.... Or something along those lines.. I don't plan on doing it I was just curious...unless NoBugs says it may be a good idea in my situation..

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,242 posts in 29,420 topics over 90 months by 12,690 of 19,950 members. Latest: Sarahlynn87, julianpage, Shawna weaver