What about Temprid SC

(6 posts)

Tags:

1. NorthEast

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 15:52:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a P.C.O. and I notice on this site that alot of people mention being treated with a combo of Demand, Gentrol, Bedlam spray. However, I don't see any mention of Temprid SC.

Before My company added Thermal Remediation by Temp-Air I lead our bed bug crew on close to 200 chemical treatments for bed bugs in 2010 and found amazing success (95% success rate) with Temprid SC (other products were also used). What I found that makes this product different and more effective is the combination of 2 insecticides: Imidacloprid (neonicotinoid) and Cyfluthrin (pyrethroid). From what I understand the combination of two different pesticide groups has shown the Temprid to be effective even against resistant bed bugs. The pyrethroids can be blocked by resistant bed bugs, but the neonicotinoid allows the pyrethroid to take effect. It is also true that Temprid SC applied directly to bed bug eggs will prevent them from hatching. So, again I never hear any mention of this product and I wonder why?

I just want to finish by saying I have no relation with the product manufacture- I have only used it and been very happy with the results. As times change I now find we perform very few chemical treatments, not becuase we were not successful but because the heat treatment is successful with one service and no need to bag up all your clothing.

2. Beth

account closed

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 16:20:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Temprid was found, along with Phantom and one other to be one of the only pesticides effective on bed bugs at the annual conference.

I am glad you perform thermal treatment now. I notice you are in the Northeast. Do you do thermal chamber treatments of belongings?

thanks~
    Amy

3. Beth

account closed

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 16:21:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, how much would a typical 2 bedroom apartment be for a Temp Air treatment? I ask because the company who does thermal locally will not give me even a ballpark estimate without doing a $95 inspection. I said...it's 1500 sq. ft., you mean to tell me with that information you can't tell me around, to the nearest thousand, that would be? Nope.

oy vey
    Amy

4. NorthEast

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 17:04:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, we have been performing thermal treatments of entire homes and have not gotten into offering just thermal chamber treatments of specific belonging, its just not something we have had request for.

A ballpark price for a 1,500 sq. ft. 2 bedroom apartment could cost between $1,300 - $2,000, depending on level of infestation, is it 1 or 2 floors, and how much stuff is inside. You may find a range in pricing depending on what area you live- typically the more companies providing the thermal service, the lower the price to the customer.

I am surprised that a company would not give you a rough estimate over the phone, sounds like they lost a potential customer.

5. Beth

account closed

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 18:03:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank You Northeast.

We are moving b/c we can't afford adequate treatment like that and our landlord won't pay but I am glad to see the numbers. Yes, there was a time when I was working more hours I may have sprung for $1500 for thermal if the exterminator had not been so shady.

Vikane or heat treatment of commodities wouldn't be much cheaper but it's a thought down the road as we are storing our stuff, including a nice computer. We are hoping to escape with just some clothes and restart in a furnished space. Wish us luck. If we don't make it, we may be calling for thermal service if I ever can find a full time job!

Actually, our newest plan is a road trip across country and camping out. Why not? If we are to be feasted on anyway...

Amy

6. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 23:44:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Temprid has been discussed here a reasonable amount:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:http://bedbugger.com/forum/%20temprid

Also, here's possibly why it's not talked about as much as you might expect. It was labeled by the US EPA for BB about a year ago, but not by New York State, according to New York vs. Bed Bugs. If NY has acted since, it would still be a relatively recent entry into the USA's biggest market.
    http://newyorkvsbedbugs.org/2010/02/23/temprid-gets-bed-bug-label/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,330 posts in 28,319 topics over 87 months by 12,196 of 19,350 members. Latest: MANthrax, buggingcane, pecunianon
Site Meter