Weird experience at hotel

(4 posts)
  1. sbelle474

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat May 13 2017 4:27:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Good morning, we are staying at a condo where I checked for bugs on the mattress, box springs, head board and night stand. Didn't see anything. Yet, the past two nights I have woken up with something crawling on me. The first time on my right arm and the second night on my face. I have a small welt on my arm but that's not conclusive proof.
    What concerns me is I have a nine month old with a lot of luggage/stuff, that I can't bag up like I normally would on business travel (e.g.diaper bag). I definitely don't want a hitchhiker to come home with me. Has anyone experienced feeling bed bugs two nights in a row?

2. ambushed9

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun May 14 2017 9:13:50
    #

Login to Send PM

sbelle474 - 1 day ago  » 
    Has anyone experienced feeling bed bugs two nights in a row?

Newbie here, but, yes. Woke up to feeling something crawling on me. Both times slapped and caught the bugger. It's how we determined we had bugs because we saw no signs until then. And then the welts on me.

My sympathies, Belle.

Shari

3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun May 14 2017 9:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

The sensation of something crawling on you is fairly common and can have multiple causes other than bugs. If you do see something, important to capture it and have it identified. I felt something crawling on my arm when in bed the the other day, but it turned out to be a very small ant from the garden.

Richard

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 15 2017 11:17:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Most people don't feel bed bugs crawling on them or biting them. It can happen but is very unusual. If you look when you feel it and there's nothing there, then it may be some other cause.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,240 posts in 40,867 topics over 124 months by 17,884 of 18,271 members. Latest: DDScared97, Chelsearae0315, nervousbugdown