Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Weird Bites

(5 posts)
  1. BeenBitten

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 11:54:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so yea i have a bedbug problem...not too serious.

Ive seen one bedbug and it was weeks ago.

But anyway im getting these very weird bites.

Their like scratches....like ive been cut with a small blade....

Can it be bedbug bites? im so confused...

Thx guys

2. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 14:42:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbug bites **are** wierd! If you've seen a bedbug, you have a bedbug infestation, and unless they are biting someone else you live with, you are the host. So it sounds like we can assume you have bedbugs and that you are being bitten. Now what bedbug bites look like vary from person to person, and even the part of the body where the person is bitten. I've noticed that the bedbug bites do have a part in the center where the blood was extracted (does look like a tiny slash at first before the scab forms). An anti-coagulant injected into puncture wound makes the opening slower to close. Also, if you scratch it, the scab can come off and it has to scab over again with a larger scab.

Maybe these things make bites on your body look like like small blade marks? I get the image of a "Samurai Bedbug" slashing you in the night with his little probiscus. What torture!

3. BeenBitten

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 16:10:41
    #

Login to Send PM

hey thx alot for replying, i kept checking the forums every 10mins for a reply lol

yea its only me thats getting bitten !!! i dno why :S i got 2 bros + mum and dad so thats 5 in total.

And they dont get bit....its just me :S

And now they think im crazy....

the bites on my back formed scars and omg im soo upset...

Will the scars ever go :S?

Tommorow will be my 2nd fumigation to the whole house.

First fumigation was only done upstairs because grandparents had nowhere to go as every1 had to vacate the house, but their gone now back to their own home. And then cause i started sleeping on the sofa when it initially became the problem im sure some bedbugs were still there and then they ofc came up.

im getting different kinds of bites from different parts of my body as u said....

and this morning my FACE !!!! omg !!! had a party today and ofc i didnt go...how can i be seen like this...

im so upset, the PCO said fumigating the WHOLE house 3 times will ensure ill have no bedbugs, u think its possible?

P.S. i think its early stages i doubt i have an infestation since i look for the bedbugs every night and havent found one in 3 weeks

4. fed_up

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 18:17:39
    #

Login to Send PM

It seems the ONLY places I get bitten are my face, neck, fingers and toes. And oh man, do they itch. FOR A WEEK.

I took my whole bed apart last night, removed all the bedding, bagged the box spring, cleaned the metal frame (where I found ONE little bug) and I have to assume there are more out there. We identified the little guys weeks ago and have been clearing them out as well as we can, but they do hide very well and are roughly the same color as the wood frames and trim where they like to hide.

I've read on the web that bites can take days to show. I find some appear on me in the late evening so I'm not sure when I get them, either the day before or even several days before. There was a nice stretch of five days in a row with no bites, but that's a distant memory now. I'm calling the pros on Monday for estimates. I can't deal with this alone anymore.

5. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 19:57:59
    #

Login to Send PM

BeenBitten,

I hope you're right that you have a pretty minor bed bug problem. However, the problem with bed bugs is that even a small problem can develop rather rapidly into a big one, so it's probably a good idea to get started battling it as soon as possible. It's great that you already have someone in treating the problem.

However, the fact that you look for them every night and can't find them isn't exactly proof of much of anything other than that bed bugs are very good at hiding. Bed bugs are notoriously hard to catch. Plenty of people here have had all kinds of signs of bed bugs and not been able to catch an actual bug.

It is likely that other people in your house are getting bitten. The problem is that many people don't react to bed bug bites; some estimates are as high as 60% or more of people don't react.

Yes, treatment with chemical pesticides done by professionals, esp. three treatments, can get rid of bed bugs. Whether or not it will in your case depends on a lot of factors.

You might find some helpful information in the FAQs on the main website.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,140 posts in 29,402 topics over 90 months by 12,679 of 19,939 members. Latest: bugbastards, chris1979, tallpaul