Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

want your chigger and mite stories

(2 posts)
  1. fieldbiologistx

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 13:44:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Field biologists and other experts: I want to hear your own chigger and mite stories.

May 2017 I moved to a room with bugs from my slumlord old boxspring enclosed in plastic that had gaps and holes. Traumatized my whole first month. I eliminated bugs using Nuclear Option: Forced slumlord to take back her diseased bed, removed everything from room. Now sleep on new sleeping bags on clean hardwood floor with gorilla tape moat around them. Gorilla tape sticky-side up stays lethal sticky for a month and caught bugs and a dozen other insect species. Carefully inspected all possessions and returned to room free from bugs for half year now.

BUT I still suffer dozens of bites from chigger mites, mosquitoes, spiders, gnats, other mites, as every week I hike cross-country off-trail into grass and forests. Every few inches all over my body are infected scratches, dime-size scabs, looks like I was shot by machine-gun, or suffer small pox. If a chick saw me naked she would run screaming.

This may help bug victims: Many victims on this forum complain they get bit even they find no bug evidence: If you ever hike in nature, many of your "bug bites" may be from chiggers and other mites, not bugs.

Bugs traumatized me every night for a month. Unlike evil vampires that hide in your bed to suck your blood as you sleep, chiggers are no big deal. Chigger bite character and distribution across limbs look identical to bug bites. But chigger bites are less traumatic, and they are easy to ignore until I see myself naked in a full mirror then gasp in horror. My chigger scabs just remind me of my wonderful cross-country hikes in beautiful wilderness. It was my free choice to trespass into chigger territory: I knew the risk and took it, so now I own these wounds as a kind of Red Badge of Rugged Mountainman.

It would help me and others in this forum to hear your own stories of chigger and other mite bites, especially if you are a field biologist or other expert. Why can't I see these mites even under bright light? As I'm very allergic, could some "bites" actually be caused by pollen spores? I want to hear your own stories of "bites" that prove NOT to be bugs.

2. fieldbiologistx

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 13:52:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Field biologists and other experts: I want to hear your own chigger and mite bite stories.

May 2017 I moved to a room with bugs from my slumlord old boxspring enclosed in plastic that had gaps and holes. Traumatized my whole first month. I eliminated bugs using Nuclear Option: Forced slumlord to take back her diseased bed, removed everything from room. Now sleep on new sleeping bags on clean hardwood floor with gorilla tape moat around them. Gorilla tape sticky-side up stays lethal sticky for a month and caught bugs and a dozen other insect species. Carefully inspected all possessions and returned to room free from bugs for half year now.

BUT I still get dozens of bites from chigger mites, mosquitoes, spiders, gnats, other mites, as every week I hike cross-country off-trail into grass and forests. Every few inches all over my body are infected scratches, dime-size scabs, looks like I was shot by machine-gun, or suffer small pox. If a chick saw me naked she would run screaming.

This may help bug victims: Many victims on this forum complain they get bit even they find no bug evidence: If you ever hike in nature, many of your "bug bites" may be from chiggers, not bugs.

Bugs traumatized me every night for a month. Unlike evil vampires that hide in your bed to suck your blood as you sleep, chiggers are no big deal. Chigger bite character and distribution across limbs look identical to bug bites. But chigger bites are less traumatic, and I don't really notice until I see myself naked in a full mirror then gasp in horror. My chigger scabs just remind me of my wonderful cross-country hikes in beautiful wilderness. It was my free choice to trespass into chigger territory: I knew the risk and took it, so now I own these wounds as a kind of Red Badge of Rugged Mountainman.

It would help me and others in this forum to hear your own stories of chigger and other mite bites, especially if you are a field biologist or other expert. Why can't I see these mites even under bright light? As I'm very allergic, could some "bites" actually be caused by pollen spores? I want to hear your own stories of "bites" that prove NOT to be bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1