Wall Stains, Inconsistent Bites, Please No Bed Bugs!!! [expert stain ID needed]

(2 posts)
  1. smokebudkillbugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 16:15:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Over the past month or so I've been waking up with bites every now and then. I never get the line of bites or big clusters, but sometimes there'll be two near each other.

I live in a Brooklyn row house and I'm in and out of apartment buildings all day with my job so I'm definitely at risk, however my apartment has always been very buggy with a lot of flies, moths, ladybugs, gnats, etc. but I've never seen a bed bug.

I've got a big record collection so I'm definitely pretty nervous and tore my room apart this weekend. My mattress is only 8 months old, there's no spotting, signs in the seams, or otherwise. I clorox wiped my baseboards all around the room and didn't see anything but mouse turds. Cleaned off all my shelves to check and didn't see anything concrete. I found these stains in my closet wall but not much else. Could they be from house flies? About 2 weeks ago I killed at least a dozen that had swarmed my room and I still see them a lot. Would that explain bites too? I have two roommates who haven't mentioned anything on their end.

Thanks and please tell me I'm being paranoid!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 22:58:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I suspect that's not bed bug related but wait for an expert.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us