Waking up with bites but no evidence

(3 posts)
  1. freakingout123

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Jan 4 2018 6:33:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been getting single bites for about 2 months but can't find any evidence. The bites itch right when I wake up but the itchiness subsides quickly. I've searched and vacuumed my mattress/box spring and put sticky glue taps under each leg of my bed. I haven't caught anything in the glue traps since putting them on 2 weeks ago. Is it possible they are just in my mattress and/ or box spring and not anywhere else? I'm thinking about tossing them and seeing what happens. I'm planning on getting a new set next month anyway. Any thoughts on this?

2. Mf1616

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Jan 4 2018 15:47:37
    #

Login to Send PM

If it’s a single bite I wouldn’t suspect bed bugs right off the bat. They will usually bite in clusters. Maybe spiders? Whereabouts on your body do the bites present themselves?

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Jan 4 2018 15:58:37
    #

Login to Send PM

They don't bite in clusters, they bite exposed skin. In my feelings they can usually get their fill on a single puncture.

After two months there should be fairly clear signs with even a basic inspection of the mattress, box and frame. Check the mattress tags, the piping on the mattress, the contact area of the box spring on the frame and remove the dust cover from the bottom of the box spring and check under the flap of material attached to the frame of the box.

Throwing away your bed with no evidence of bed bugs will most likely not change your issue. You may want to buy or make some passive monitors.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

269,371 posts in 43,830 topics over 132 months by 19,193 of 19,806 members. Latest: cucucajube, Mitchell3845, BeasleyCMS