Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Waking up optimistic then fading into pessimism

(14 posts)
  1. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 11:53:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone else wake up in the morning feeling like you can do this. You can get rid of these things! Then by the end of the day you feel like you're just totally doomed to have them forever? Lol.

My 3 year old daughter is the only one out of five of us who reacts to the bites. I feel so bad for her. She wakes up every night for an hour or so screaming "it hurts!" And scratching her skin raw. It's so hard to hold her and comfort her knowing there's absolutely nothing I can do to help her. 😔

I've tried oral benedryl, benedryl cream and steroid cream. She has over 100 welts on her body. I just feel so helpless when she wakes up in pain and so itchy and all I can do is hold her until she cries herself back to sleep.

Of course on top of the welts she now has a wicked cough that doesn't help matters at all.

I just feel so helpless and after reading story after story have come to realize that we will likely never be rid of these things in a timely matter, if ever at all. 😔

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:10:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I promise, there is an end! It's hard to see when you're in the thick of it, but you WILL get through this!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:24:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Also... I sent you a PM

4. Myworstnightmare

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:34:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Are there any other beds she could sleep in where there does not appear to be an issue? While my pco told me someone has to sleep in the ground zero bed, I switched places with my daughter (who is also a very strong reactor - she even had to go on a round of antibiotics!) so now I am the only one getting bit (fingers crossed that lasts!).

5. Myworstnightmare

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:36:29
    #

Login to Send PM

And yes, the ups and downs of dealing with this pest are crazy. It is hard to stay positive. I feel like we lost the end of summer because I have been too tired, drained, to really do anything fun. I just want this to be over with. Will it be done by christmas? Will I be able to enjoy thanksgiving? So stressful!!!

6. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:48:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I went ahead and threw her mattress out. She shares a room with her brother so for now she's sleeping in my room where supposedly there aren't any. I would sleep in her room instead of him but because she is only 3 she won't sleep in my room unless I'm there. So I've had to sacrifice my middle son to try and get her some relief and get the bugs to go out and die.

I just feel like I can't do this. And she has been coughing now for at least an hour. So not only is she covered in hundreds of welts, she also appears to have a respiratory issue going on as well.

7. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:51:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know how to check my private messages. Lol. 😩😩

8. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:57:35
    #

Login to Send PM

stylinmama21 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I don't know how to check my private messages. Lol. 😩😩

I only know the site from my iPhone... on the side bar where I log in it says 'you have 1 new message' in blue. Click there

9. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 12:58:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! I figured it out and sent you a message! 😊

10. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 17:25:40
    #

Login to Send PM

If she has hundreds of bites, your infestation is not mild (read your original thread). Other family members may well be bitten but non-reactors. A bed bug feeds once every 5-10 days if a host is available. So hundreds of bites at once means there are many hundreds bed bugs. By my math anyway.

11. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 20:39:59
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 3 hours ago  » 
    If she has hundreds of bites, your infestation is not mild (read your original thread). Other family members may well be bitten but non-reactors. A bed bug feeds once every 5-10 days if a host is available. So hundreds of bites at once means there are many hundreds bed bugs. By my math anyway.

I've thought about this as well. The bites did not all happen in one night. And if one bug feeds 3-5 times in ever feeding, you really wouldn't need that many to have a hundred welts. 10 hungry nymphs could cause 30-50 bites in one night. So if there were 30 nymphs we're looking at 90-150 bites. I wouldn't call 30 baby bedbugs a massive infestation. But 30 adult bedbugs are likely making a huge ingestion themselves. So far I've still only ever seen the one nymph. I haven't seen another since despite searching for them daily. The exterminator said he only saw 3 adults.

12. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 23:07:10
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 5 hours ago  » 

Not Necessarily. We're talking about a child- not a single child I know sleeps perfectly still by any stretch of the imagination. If disturbed while trying to feed, a single bug could move and relocate 10 times. Also, not every stab of a proboscus is going to hit a blood vessel, so even undisturbed, it may take 2-4 tried to get a good spot, so maybe one feeding caused 12 bites. I personally had a line of 7 bites up my arm, in close proximity, from a single bug. (I move quite a bit in my sleep as my 5 year old is in the bed kicking, slapping, and punching me every 38 seconds).

13. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:41:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I personally had a line of 7 bites up my arm, in close proximity, from a single bug.

You watched it bite you 7 times?

14. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:50:59
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 7 minutes ago  » 

I personally had a line of 7 bites up my arm, in close proximity, from a single bug.

You watched it bite you 7 times?

I woke up to feel something, looked down to it getting off my arm and reached for my trusty alcohol spray- which was kept within arms reach for weeks. Only bug in site, and brand new line of bites. I react instantly.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78