Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

visiting a friend with bed bugs

(3 posts)
  1. roxanne

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 10 2009 14:55:33
    #

Login to Send PM

How risky is it to go to someone's house with bed bugs? I visited a friend and sat at her dining room table for a couple of hours before she informed me they had a problem? How risky is it to visit someone if you don't sit on their couch or bed? They have taken efforts to control them such as using insecticides, but I still can't help but be worried. Thanks.

2. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 10 2009 15:19:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Roxanne,

Without knowing how bad their problem is it is difficult to give you an accurate risk.

The best advice they and you can follow is to limit exposure to known infected locations and to isolate the things you have taken between the two properties.

There are FAQ's on this site to help with self identification and what sensible precautions and treatment options are available. It is important to be as educated as you can on the subject and to avoid panicing. It it certainly not advisable to go rushing into drowning your house with insecticide until you know the extent of the problem if you actually have one.

If you spend a few hours reading the FAQ's and the linked sites you will at least understand the problem enough to know what steps to take if you do need treating and how you can reduce the risk of getting infected in the future.

Regards,

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 10 2009 20:19:16
    #

Login to Send PM

See the travel FAQs which describe how to avoid spreading bed bugs:

http://bedbugger.com/faqs/travel

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."