Vikane gas? B

(5 posts)
  1. bugshipcrazy

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 18:44:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all. I'm back to the hopeless, desperate point on my Battle of the dreaded Bb. I just finished a fourth treatment by PCO. Waiting for dog to come on 10/13. BUT, more bites. 6 new ones. They make me sick to my stomach.

Anyhow, I've treated my house so many times by several different PCO's. I also did a heat treatment last January, which didn't work, and I believe it was due to it being so cold out that the walls could not get hot enough. I'm back to the hell of the bites three weeks after the last treatment. I'm holding off doing anything in the hope of the dog finding something. I have had so many treatments and have put so much DE down that I don't think the dog would find a BB if it was under its nose.

I believe the darn things live in my walls now. I can't find them anywhere, but we've been getting bit for well over a year now, and like cloclwork, every three weeks after treatment they come out (hatch).

I am desperate. I am sick over this. My marriage has suffered, my young children have lost the once vibrant mother I used to be.

I am begging for advice. I have contacted a vikane gas company. It's super expensive. I don't even know how we would oy for it, expensive.

Has anyone ever had a case like this? BB's living in the walls, hiding like ninjas? And if so, how did you get rid of them? Were you able to? Why can't I?

I am looking for advice on how to get them out of your walls. Specifically, I need help in NJ. Winter is coming and if heating is an option while still warm, I will try if someone has a great referral. The vikane gas quote was the price of a car. The heat treatment is a quarter of that, but still very expensive.

I am begging for help. I don't know where to turn anymore.

2. bugshipcrazy

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 18:46:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I am also wondering if I spray rubbing alcohol, will that interfere with dog inspection? I can't live with my kids getting bit for another week. Can I put down DE? Does it even work? Does anything??? I have all of my stuff bagged (for months!). I have a bug oven, I heat treat everything that comes in the house.

3. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 6 2017 14:31:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Only thing I can advise is to not put any DE down. Some companies will not do a K9 inspection if they know of or see dust.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 6 2017 16:31:28
    #

Login to Send PM

bugshipc I can't find them anywhere, but we've been getting bit for well over a year now, and like cloclwork, every three weeks after treatment they come out (hatch).

That timeline doesn't fit with bed bugs. The longest period I've waited for eggs to hatch is twelve days.
    There should definitely be evidence at this point. Even if they started in the walls after feeding on you they would harbor on the bed or couch or wherever they found you, there's no reason for them to trek all the way back to the walls just to make that journey again.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 8:34:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Bugshipcrazy: Have bed bugs been identified as the causative agent? Are you going by skin lesions or bite-like reactions?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd