unbelieveable story need advice

(5 posts)
  1. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jun 12 2009 21:58:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Help, in Dec 08 discovered I had bedbugs. I notified landlord and 311, had multiple treatments, got the whole building on board. We were never cured. May 1 on moved using Bedbugs & beyond. It didn;t work. On the day of the move I bought all new clothes even a new cell phone, had the place inspected by a bedbug dog(I think it is hocus pocus) but there were no hits. Moved my stuff in few days later. Right away felt like I was getting bit. Everyone tells me I am crazy that its not possible. Well its possible - my bites are worse here than in the old place. I need advice.
    1) not sure if the fumigation failed or if they were in this building before I moved in. Don't think I brought it from work as I quickly put everything in plastic whenever I return home.

2) Can the owner of this apt sue me - I didn't disclose my problem because I thought after all this effort I would be coming to the new place bug free. Are there lawyers in NY who will defend me for free.

3) I am beyond broke can't afford to move again.
    4) Any one know a good shrink in nyc that will take a client with this problem - I am in a bad way.

2. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jun 13 2009 8:18:30
    #

Login to Send PM

An update I sent KillerQueen a photo of the bug I caught he says its a spider beatle! I am so grateful to KillerQueen.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jun 13 2009 19:40:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I am glad you verified the bug you found was a spider beetle. But you say you're being bitten by something? Perhaps you could have KQ inspect.

If you do have bed bugs, are you 100% sure you are not being exposed to an additional source of bed bugs? For example, you may have spread them to your workplace, or a car. You may also be reinfested by someone who has them and does not know.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. lil_bit_obsessed

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 14 2009 1:05:08
    #

Login to Send PM

i had a similar experience when i moved to a new apartment after living in a place with an infestation. i was still getting bit like crazy, even though i was SURE i couldn't have taken the bugs with me (i took MANY precautions). in my case it was determined later that i was having a delayed reaction to bites that i had got at the first apartment. i had a bb dog inspect my second apartment, and lo and behold, nothing. i was in the clear.

your best bet is to have a thorough inspection done in your new place. just to be sure, you know? but keep in mind when you're feeling stressed that all bite-like-reactions aren't always bites! mine were a combination of delayed bite reactions as well as reactions to the pesticides that i had been exposed to.

i'm sorry i don't know of any councillors in nyc (not being from the states), however i went to see a councillor myself and underwent cognitive behavioral therapy after my bout with bbs - it helped a lot. i definately recommend it!

i wish you the best of luck!

5. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 14 2009 9:05:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your advice, I will get another inspection for both my apt and my head. No bites since I killed the spider. Also these bites were totally different than my reaction to bedbug bites. I originally thought that my reactions were just getting worse, which I heard happens, now I think they were spider bites or reaction to something else or psychological. Time will tell.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,710 posts in 29,319 topics over 90 months by 12,644 of 19,896 members. Latest: paranoidpolly, sarahackler, waitingforbyebugs