unbelieveable story need advice

(5 posts)
  1. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jun 12 2009 21:58:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Help, in Dec 08 discovered I had bedbugs. I notified landlord and 311, had multiple treatments, got the whole building on board. We were never cured. May 1 on moved using Bedbugs & beyond. It didn;t work. On the day of the move I bought all new clothes even a new cell phone, had the place inspected by a bedbug dog(I think it is hocus pocus) but there were no hits. Moved my stuff in few days later. Right away felt like I was getting bit. Everyone tells me I am crazy that its not possible. Well its possible - my bites are worse here than in the old place. I need advice.
    1) not sure if the fumigation failed or if they were in this building before I moved in. Don't think I brought it from work as I quickly put everything in plastic whenever I return home.

2) Can the owner of this apt sue me - I didn't disclose my problem because I thought after all this effort I would be coming to the new place bug free. Are there lawyers in NY who will defend me for free.

3) I am beyond broke can't afford to move again.
    4) Any one know a good shrink in nyc that will take a client with this problem - I am in a bad way.

2. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jun 13 2009 8:18:30
    #

Login to Send PM

An update I sent KillerQueen a photo of the bug I caught he says its a spider beatle! I am so grateful to KillerQueen.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jun 13 2009 19:40:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I am glad you verified the bug you found was a spider beetle. But you say you're being bitten by something? Perhaps you could have KQ inspect.

If you do have bed bugs, are you 100% sure you are not being exposed to an additional source of bed bugs? For example, you may have spread them to your workplace, or a car. You may also be reinfested by someone who has them and does not know.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. lil_bit_obsessed

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 14 2009 1:05:08
    #

Login to Send PM

i had a similar experience when i moved to a new apartment after living in a place with an infestation. i was still getting bit like crazy, even though i was SURE i couldn't have taken the bugs with me (i took MANY precautions). in my case it was determined later that i was having a delayed reaction to bites that i had got at the first apartment. i had a bb dog inspect my second apartment, and lo and behold, nothing. i was in the clear.

your best bet is to have a thorough inspection done in your new place. just to be sure, you know? but keep in mind when you're feeling stressed that all bite-like-reactions aren't always bites! mine were a combination of delayed bite reactions as well as reactions to the pesticides that i had been exposed to.

i'm sorry i don't know of any councillors in nyc (not being from the states), however i went to see a councillor myself and underwent cognitive behavioral therapy after my bout with bbs - it helped a lot. i definately recommend it!

i wish you the best of luck!

5. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 14 2009 9:05:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your advice, I will get another inspection for both my apt and my head. No bites since I killed the spider. Also these bites were totally different than my reaction to bedbug bites. I originally thought that my reactions were just getting worse, which I heard happens, now I think they were spider bites or reaction to something else or psychological. Time will tell.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.