ULV effective?

(8 posts)
  1. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 19:35:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Is ULV(ultra low volume) effective method to get rid of 6 months long infestation in apartament block? I dont have much more options(other option is freezing i think). I tried to battle them on my own with bed bug sprays and dust, not helps a lot, still get bites, even in kitchen. So ulv is effective, because idk its worth spending money and then bed bugs return few months later or after poison wears out. Where i live there are not mamy professionals, i dont live in us or uk.

2. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 21:24:56
    #

Login to Send PM

As far ask I know there are no repellents.
    Freezing doesn't work unless it's 4 days at (I forgot the temp).
    It is very easy for there to be one area that is warmer that will keep the bugs alive.
    Heat above (I forgot that temperature too) works.
    Apartments are especially bad because your apartment must be treated and the neighbours (and maybe their neighbours, etc.).
    Where do you live?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 9:03:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I asked apartament administration if there were reports, but they said no, but i have a feeling they came from above apartament. How they trawel? I sealed co pipes with silicone and thinking about sealing vent routes. ULV is like only option in here(no heat treatment). So this treatment is pointless?

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 12:32:12
    #

Login to Send PM

ULV droplets only impinge on surfaces. It doesn't penetrate, so bed bugs in hidden areas are not hit directly with insecticide.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 13:20:30
    #

Login to Send PM

So its pointless?

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 15:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 1 hour ago  » 
    So its pointless?

right

7. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 16:14:00
    #

Login to Send PM

So what should i do? All "professionals" in my city offer only ulv, i tried sprays, dust and it doesnt work. I dont want it to spread any further

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 1:08:55
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 8 hours ago  » 
    So what should i do? All "professionals" in my city offer only ulv, i tried sprays, dust and it doesnt work. I dont want it to spread any further

A protocol of sprays and dusts can work well (and adding steam beforehand may be even better). Just because more than one company uses "sprays and dusts" doesn't mean they're doing the same thing or even doing it as well or poorly as the next company. When it comes to traditional treatments, knowledge means more than the products used.

I would select another spray and dust team (plus steam if you can get it). If you can say your city, we may even have suggestions.

Sometimes treatment fails because you have a continued source of bed bugs coming in (e.g. attached neighbors with bed bugs) or because treatments stopped before the bed bugs were all killed.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1