Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Introductions

Trying NOT to be Angry

(6 posts)
  1. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 13:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I found out the source of my BBs. A short background to those who have not read my previous posts. Two months ago I started getting bitten, but though it was a rash. A week and a half ago I saw a BB on my bed, lifted up my mattress and saw a bunch of them. Immediately called my landlord, who was VERY understanding and immediately called a PCO. I live in a two family house and was concerned that they had spread to my downstairs neighbor and of course the PCO confirmed that we both had BBs.

My downstairs neighbor is a very sweet man and was devastated when he found out. At this point we all thought they probably came from my apt. because he had no bites and had not seen anything. Yet he was still nice to me.

Fast forward to today. PC technicians come out for first chemical treatment. Landlady is there with me. Checked my place out and said yes, pretty heavy infestation. Go to my downstairs neighbor's. That's when the sh*t hit the fan. One of the technicians actually let out a whistle when they checked out his place. They came outside and told me and my landlady that based on the sheer number of casings and bugs that they saw the problem definitely started at his apartment.

I'm trying so hard not to be angry at him right now, but part of me can't help it. Even if he is nonreactive to the bites, could he really not have seen ANY bugs in his apartment? It's by no means cluttered, and he keeps it fairly clean. Surely he would have seen the bugs. Maybe he did but didn't know what they were? He's super nice but not the brightest guy. Sigh.

Good thing is that the PCOs said that they can and will definitely take care of the problem, as did my landlady. They are using a combination of contact kill, a chemical that keeps the bugs from proceeding to the next stage and laying eggs, and "dust" which when I asked they confirmed it is similar to DE. They asked that the only supplemental treatment I use is to vacuum frequently. For any PCOs out there, does that sound reasonable?

2. feelinghelplesswith3 babies

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 16:09:41
    #

Login to Send PM

he might of thought they were roaches. man after dealing with my dad at first i was soo angry at him as well but knowing his condition i had to be ok with it. perhaps his wiring is not all connected. i know its hard not to be angry but you never know the mental condition of a person.

3. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 16:36:35
    #

Login to Send PM

You are right, Angie. Although if he thought it was roaches he sure as sh*t should have called our landlord. He's definitely not completely connected in the head, but just how nice he is makes up for it. Deep breath. It could have just as easily been me.

4. DreDay17

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 19:34:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you ask then where they would treat?

I take it that they will treat all cracks and crevices in yours and neighbors place.

5. feelinghelplesswith3 babies

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 19:37:02
    #

Login to Send PM

6. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 23 2012 12:23:18
    #

Login to Send PM

DreDay - yes, they treated all of the cracks and crevices. They even said to me "we see things that you would never notice." There is DE sprinkled underneath my bed, couch, and in certain other areas (mainly around perimeters) of the apartment. Overall I think they definitely know what they are doing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,592 posts in 46,609 topics over 142 months by 20,558 of 21,426 members. Latest: Takeabreath415, wierzbol, Helpwithdabuggaz2