Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Treatment in the Meantime

(3 posts)
  1. needtosleep

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Dec 6 2007 12:02:45
    #

Login to Send PM

So my PCO can't come for 11 days!!! Any advice on what to do in the meantime other than Steri-Fab, steam, vacuum? The situation, after six treatments, has finally come down to one bite a day, but I can't just sit here while the beasts multiply. I'll be back to Square One. Has anyone used diatomaceous earth in combination with PCO treatments?

2. itchyincharmcity

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Dec 6 2007 14:45:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it is really not a good idea to begin your own home pesticide treatments in advance of the PCO. You could do something to counteract his treatment. You need to call him and ask him what is OK and what is not. Mine was adamant that I should not go around sprinkling DE and spraying insecticide everywhere, even post-treatment.

Vacuum, steam, Seri-Fab is all good. This is also a good opportunity to continue inspecting, launder everything in your house and declutter. It took me over a week to do it all, in the end I was almost glad for the PCO delay because I had the chance to prep really well.

3. currentinsomniac

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Dec 6 2007 20:07:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I have used DE along with my PCO treatments. We actually started using it on our own before we hired a PCO. I am continuing to use it as well (with the blessing of my PCO) between treatments. Considering we have them in our car and the cold weather is not killing them yet, that's probably what's going to help get rid of them there. But, like itchy said, find out from your PCO what is alright.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,464 posts in 44,760 topics over 136 months by 19,640 of 20,340 members. Latest: Hellobabies, Njpleasehelp, WaterBedBugs