Too Broke To Fight

(7 posts)
  1. ItchyChick

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 17:12:21
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I was lying in my bed one night and saw something moving out of the corner of my eye, and just figuring it was a beetle or something, I looked again and it was something I had never seen before. It scurried under my mattress. I picked up the mattress, and there were 2 more.
    I captured one and googled it, and it was a bedbug.
    Never in a million years had "bed bug" crossed my mind.

In the meantime, I had been breaking out in horrible rashes all over my body, sneezing, and basically getting sick from allergies, all which stemmed from the little bug bites on my body.

I panicked, and moved. The house was small and built just for me (thank god for family) and I picked up all of my work uniforms, a laptop, and my cellphone and got an apartment.

I think they followed me, even though I was meticulous and completely ocd about everything.

The management guy said if there so happened to be bed bugs in the apartment, he'd get a pco to spray for them (but I think that's only if I didn't bring them? But how could they know?)

The reason I think they followed me is because now...I'm getting what looks like infected hairs on my arms and legs...and being a victim of trichotilomania (from stress, obviously!) I figured it was from that.....could they have started biting me this fast? I've only been here two days.... Is it just my imagination...I've never reacted to the bites this way before..they've always looked like mosquito bites.

I'm too broke to fight this...any tips?

2. blargg

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 17:24:12
    #

Login to Send PM

You really need physical evidence before anyone can give you a definite yes or no.

Why did you move from the single house to an apt? Single houses are easier to treat, fyi.

3. ItchyChick

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 18:01:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I couldn't handle it, and certain circumstances made it difficult living there, period.

4. blargg

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 19:05:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand. Well, have you read about interceptors? For about 15 dollars (I think), you can get dishes to place underneath your bedposts. Bedbugs get trapped in them, and you will have proof to show the landlord. Also, thorough inspections of the mattress and boxspring help.

5. BugsMustDie

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 19:48:57
    #

Login to Send PM

If it's only been 2 days, you could be having delayed reactions. The reported studies I have come across report reactions as delayed as 18 days. I think in my case, mine were delayed a few days longer...but I'm not positive.

6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 20:36:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Breathe.

Right now. Take a deep breathe while counting to 8 through your nose and exhale on 8 through your mouth. Do that a few times.

Then relax.

You did the best you could for yourself.

Trust your work.

And wait. Give it a couple of weeks. Then look at your body. Breathe.

And see where you are then.

7. Traumabugged

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 16 2011 0:38:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear such a terrible story. But try relax a bit if you could. Generally you need evidences for confirmation, and maybe thinking this way could help: worrying yourself without any evidence is not doing any good for you. If they are there you will be bitten anyway so it's better to calm down and make everything easier. Get some sleep. Then do a inspection. You need these nevertheless.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,762 posts in 31,263 topics over 95 months by 13,524 of 14,299 members. Latest: Zenchess, Kristy, LadyLosingIt14