Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

To those of you suffering right now

(9 posts)
  1. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 14:25:13
    #

Login to Send PM

To those of you suffering right now, I just want to say, IT DOES GET BETTER. You may want to skim through the Sharing Progress After First Treatment - Moral Support thread. It's an interesting documentation of what typical bed bug sufferers go through. You'll notice that the first 400 or so posts are frantic and harried, and then we all started to calm down. The number of posts have decreased. Almost all of us have come to the end of our battle, and have been successful. Sure, we all still have some roller coaster emotions, but not nearly as much as we did when we were in the thick of it. You can and will survive this.

Oh, and as an aside, when I was at the height of my depression and anxiety, I found that many of the responses that Koebner provided to people were very calming and reassuring to me. You may want to look up some of her posts. Thanks, Koebner, Nobugs, TAOT, the Experts, David Jaymes, and all of my friends on the Sharing Progress thread (apologies to anyone I may have accidentally left out). I don't know how I would have made it though this without you.

2. studiopeg1

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 20:26:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Darn good post.

It does get better. After having nightmares about bed bugs every single night, now I am going a week without one.

Soon it will be 2 weeks, then a month.

After all the work is done, you find that you survive after all.

Again, such a good post for all.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 21:24:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner's posts are both eloquent and show an empathy that folks need. But, sometimes they need the harsh truth. She is great about giving that information, too, but in such a nice way.

There are a lot of people posts that I like to read: Koebner and Buggyinsocal (who doesn't post anymore) are two non-experts that I always read. I like Cilecto, too, so I need to be careful...probably left someone out. I think of Cilecto as an expert.

Thanks for the shoutout. You have a lot on your plate, and it's good for people to hear that there is help for the anxiety. And you have a killer sense of humor (dry in person, right?)

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. Blackheart

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 23:02:03
    #

Login to Send PM

buggyinsyracuse - 8 hours ago  » 
    To those of you suffering right now, I just want to say, IT DOES GET BETTER. You may want to skim through the Sharing Progress After First Treatment - Moral Support thread. It's an interesting documentation of what typical bed bug sufferers go through. You'll notice that the first 400 or so posts are frantic and harried, and then we all started to calm down. The number of posts have decreased. Almost all of us have come to the end of our battle, and have been successful. Sure, we all still have some roller coaster emotions, but not nearly as much as we did when we were in the thick of it. You can and will survive this.
    Oh, and as an aside, when I was at the height of my depression and anxiety, I found that many of the responses that Koebner provided to people were very calming and reassuring to me. You may want to look up some of her posts. Thanks, Koebner, Nobugs, TAOT, the Experts, David Jaymes, and all of my friends on the Sharing Progress thread (apologies to anyone I may have accidentally left out). I don't know how I would have made it though this without you.

Great post Buggy, I'm soooo happy for you, and (me too) I hope, afraid to say it's over but it has been about a month and feeling good about things so far!

Sam

5. Anxiety911

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 0:49:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for that... Sometimes it just helps to hear someone say that. Because right now I am feeling anything but hopeful..

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 1:06:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner is a brick!

Glad things are going well, buggyinsyracuse.

Hey-- we should make our own YouTube "It gets better" video!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 11:57:51
    #

Login to Send PM

@Buggyinsyracuse: I, too, liked and appreciated your post above. It was reassuring and calming. I have also been following the "Sharing Progess" thread. I was wondering if maybe the posters in the "Sharing Progress" thread could post here with approximately how long it took to go through their respective treatments and from frantic and harried to somewhat "clamed down"? I know everyone's situation is different - with different levels of infestations, different treatments and other things, but just roughly the number of months or so could give people a realistic idea and something in which to gauge? I understand that the amount of times will vary greatly, but with the final result that it will/does get better?

8. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 14:19:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Aww...thanks all of you. I just remember how emotionally draining this was at first, and what I needed more than anything was reassurance. I guess I just felt I needed to pay it forward.

studiopeg and Sam - glad things are starting to settle down for you as well.

TAOT - look whose talking about me having a good sense of humor. Your posts have cracked me up more than a few times! You were on a roll on the "Sex, yeah right" thread.

Nobugs - what a splendid idea! I bet it would go viral and spread quicker than the danged bed bugs!

Anxiety and AbsolutelyFreaking - like I said, I promise that it gets better. My initial freakout lasted quite a while, probably at least a month and a half. I couldn't have made it through it without the community here. Then slowly, day by day, I noticed things starting to get better. I also asked my doctor for help and she gave me antidepressants that concentrate on anxiety, and that also helped. I never thought I'd be someone who needs antidepressants, but my doctor told me she'd be doing the same exact thing if she was in my position. She was very understanding. The medication has helped me at least to focus and function better, but it's not just the medication, it's that things really do start looking up after a while.

I'll ask the folks on the Sharing Progress thread if they could post the timeline of the progression of their emotions on this thread.

9. Kass2010

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 14:27:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Anna, thank you so much for posting this. I too could never have made it through without the support and friendship of you and all the other ladies on the sharing progress thread. If anything, I think this whole BB "situation" makes you realize that while you're stronger than you realize, that it's also okay to be overwhelmed and horrified and need to lean on others because honestly, having BBs sucks. Emotionally, physically (sleep deprivation!), mentally...in every way. For many of us, I think it would easily qualify as one of the top 3 worst things to happen in our lives. But, it definitely gets better. I don't think any of us believed that in the beginning, but truly, it does. I think we're all a testament to that.

AbsolutelyFreaking - I had a total of four treatments, all on a weekly basis. Then I had a 5th 10 days after the last one, but more for "pre-emptive" reasons, as things had been clear before then. So, 6-7 weeks total. For what it's worth, I would probably characterize my infestation as "moderate," as did my PCO - though with the caveat that it was localized to my bedroom and never spread elsewhere in my apartment. I would say that after the 3rd treatment is probably when I started feeling more calm and in control, and most importantly, hopeful - and that all of this correlated with seeing less and less activity. I'll definitely write more when I post my success story (which I promise to do!), but I hope that helps!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,592 posts in 46,609 topics over 142 months by 20,558 of 21,426 members. Latest: Takeabreath415, wierzbol, Helpwithdabuggaz2