Tiny bugs in my kitchen [a: booklice and springtails]

(5 posts)
  1. SpinMan

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 27 2015 12:09:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I found bugs in a kitchen. I don't see them at the day time, so looks like they come after sunset. I put a piece of paper towel on the windowsill and found they like to seat on this paper. It's tiny bugs ~ 1 mm . They are very speedy if I try to touch them, sometimes it looks like they can jump. On the pictures they look like two different kind of bugs.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 27 2015 12:41:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Two different species and neither are bedbugs.

The second and fourth are Pscocids or booklice and are a sign of mold growth when seen in large numbers.

The other I think is a springtail.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. SpinMan

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 27 2015 13:16:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks a lot!

4. Combatcat

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 16:32:39
    #

Login to Send PM

How do you add pictures?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 16:45:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, booklice and springtails; first are insects, but second are related and known as hexapods. At one time were classified as insects.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991