Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Three Month, Four Treatments, No Progress

(5 posts)
  1. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 18 2011 15:02:08
    #

Login to Send PM

The subject line tells it all. I'm still getting bit, I'm still finding live bugs. My bed and boxspring are double covered; my couch is gone, along with much of my furniture. I've caulked.

The PCO (Dependable in NYC) sprays Phantom and one other thing. I don't remember the name. They say there's a building wide problem but other apartments seem to have been able to get rid of them.

I'm so tired of this and don't see any end in sight. The irony is, I'm so depressed all I want to do is sleep, and by doing so, I expose myself to even more bites. (I don't want to buy a new bed; I feel it will just get infested.) I want to move but apparently the landlord is being a jerk about letting people out of their leases.

Moving to this apartment was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 18 2011 17:57:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, Ravens.
    Are you being re exposed somewhere?
    Are your neighbors lying or self treating with bombs?

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 18 2011 19:23:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Apparently I am the only one on my floor who has them.
    My next-door neighbor had them and was sprayed, and is now apparently bug-free.
    My other next-door neighbors are terrified of them, and underwent an inspection by the building's PCO. No bugs. Next to them is a very nice, educated couple I have had conversations about the issue with.
    And then there is me, the pariah of the fifth floor.
    I don't go anywhere. I live out of plastic bags. My cat keeps ripping the bb covers, but the beds are double covered now, and have been sprayed with chemicals besides. And I'm finding them on the walls nowhere NEAR the bed.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 18 2011 20:42:46
    #

Login to Send PM

How bad is your bite reaction? I have a radical idea that may help.

Jim

5. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 19 2011 0:41:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Pretty bad. I can wake up with a tiny itch and know that by the afternoon it's going to be a sizable welt. Even if I had no reaction, though, I want these things gone.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,376 posts in 29,442 topics over 90 months by 12,706 of 19,969 members. Latest: hinfungyik, abq671, skittles1234