(9 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 29 2017 23:08:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    We might have introduced bed bugs into our house 3 1/2 months ago when my husband sat on a couch at a doctor's office and a bug walked across his pants leg. He killed that bug, but unfortunately discarded it, so I can't put it here for identification. I am worried there were other bugs he didn't see. I have called a number of PCO's in the Chicago area about inspections, but they don't take off dust covers from mattresses or sofas and don't take apart bed frames for them. Anyone use an inspector in the Chicago area who did a real thorough inspection? Thanks.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 10:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Stop it, you're tormenting yourself for no reason.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 11:05:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you're right it's for no reason, but I am not certain. My husband did have a possible exposure and it is only 3 1/2 months since it happened so there is a real threat of bed bugs.

4. Bedbugmom41

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 12:27:46
    #

Login to Send PM

My Dear Faye...

Stop hurting yourself like this dear. You created a prison for your mind. You can take those dustcovers off yourself to put your mind at ease. 3 months and half... You wouldn't be wondering if you have bedbugs at this point, you would be wondering how you can make the place go down in flames to get rid of them without going to jail (the real one). You would find fecal matter like your furniture is rotting by now. My infestation was ongoing for 4 months before I discovered them. The PCO discarded the boxspring after asking me if I wanted to keep it. He could have treated it, but it was sooooooo black by then that I couldn't stand the sight of it.

Your mission is now to exterminate the head bugs.

5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 14:56:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your posting, Bedbugmom. I have read of people, like you mentioned yourself, who had not yet realized they had infestations at 3 1/2 months. I know I have read here people didn't realize they had them until almost 6 months, which is why I am concerned about my house. How did you realize you had bed bugs? Was it the PCO who estimated the time it had been there? I hope you are able to resolve your issue permanently.

6. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 14:56:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your posting, Bedbugmom. I have read of people, like you mentioned yourself, who had not yet realized they had infestations at 3 1/2 months. I know I have read here people didn't realize they had them until almost 6 months, which is why I am concerned about my house. How did you realize you had bed bugs? Was it the PCO who estimated the time it had been there? I hope you are able to resolve your issue permanently - I am sure it is very hard with a baby to have to deal with this..

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 16:08:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye, you know those cases you mentioned were people who were not aware or looking for bed bugs and that's why it went on so long. You know this is why it took so long, stop thinking irrationally.

8. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 18:11:50
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState,

Get some passive monitors.
    Have you seen one? Had bites? Seen fecal matter?
    You're stressing over a what-if.
    It is easy to look for yourself.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  9. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 19:32:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye has passive monitors installed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1