Think they're dead?!

(3 posts)
  1. Pleasediebugs

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jul 12 2017 18:16:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there! I've lurked for awhile just for support and tips for getting rid of our bed bugs.

About a year ago, we realized we had an infestation. I immediately covered the bed, started spraying pesticides, and using DE. I couldn't handle it after about 6 months and moved into another room, upstairs. Of course, they followed. I recently checked our master bedroom again and it seems they're gone. No eggs, no fecal spots, no bugs. I've continued to spray almost weekly, even after we stopped sleeping there. So I'm assuming they eventually died. I've kept the rest of the house free of bugs by treating regularly. I check often and no other rooms have bugs. Anyways, I stopped sleeping upstairs and subsequently left the air off because we weren't using the space. It's been a week and I'm 99% sure the room reached over 100 degrees the entire time. I still have been spraying weekly and have been bite free for 3 weeks. Am I being optimistic that they're dead and gone?!

2. bcrew

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 14 2017 0:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure what measures are used to determine when an infestation is resolved, but I think in room temperature, they tend to live an average of 3 months without feeding. Is there anyone else in the house that could be getting bites and not realizing it? Some people don't react(like myself). If you are sure everyone is bite free, I'd still remain vigilant for a little while longer. They can be very resilient and adaptable from what I've gathered.

3. Pleasediebugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 26 2017 12:15:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Update:

Beds are still clear- no nymphs, fecal stains, or dead bugs/skins.

However, our couch had 4 nymphs. I dusted with DE and ordered cimexa. I react to bites and so do my kids. My husband does not. So I feel pretty confident that the beds are still bug free. I keep treating them anyways.

I'm having a baby literally any day and my mom and grandmother are supposed to stay with us to help out. I'm feeling very panicky and don't want to tell them, but they clearly can't stay here. I thought we were in the clear, but aren't yet. I just don't know what to do. We cannot afford a pro treatment. I will do all the baseboards and outlets when the cimexa comes in. What else can I possibly do?!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,719 posts in 42,630 topics over 128 months by 18,711 of 19,242 members. Latest: Brightly79, InaneVelocity, ElisaR