Think I might have been bitten by bedbugs- can't find any proof

(8 posts)
  1. sleeplessinto

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 13:30:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I think that I was bit by bed bugs- I woke up one morning with a number of very itchy bites on the inside of my thigh. I react to lots of bites, and usually know exactly when and how I got them. These ones, I noticed about an hour after I woke up, and with no cause, other than potential bed bugs. They seem to follow the breakfast, lunch, and dinner pattern. You can see them here- http://www.flickr.com/photos/52241883@N03/?sa

I have searched high and low, taken my bed and night table apart and vacuumed them, along with my couch, and can't find any evidence of bed bugs. But, I can't think of any other reason for the bites- they are definitely bites, and not a skin irritation, and in such a peculiar pattern. It has only been 3 days since the original bites, but I am worried that they could be bed bugs, and that waiting to act will make things worse. I have washed my sheets in hot water and dried them, and vacuumed out the furniture and areas closest to the bed. Does anybody recognize this type of bite, or have any ideas?

2. bugnut

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 10:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

It could be BBs but did not look like my bites - in any event if you think you are being bitten in bed, you should 1. isolate the bed, no bed linens touching the floor, walls anything - no bridges! 2. get or make climb up interceptors. YOu can find them on this site and use them with the talc that comes on them, or fill with oil - murphys oil soap will congeal in the hot weather. You and make them also from hard plastic cups that can stand the weight of your bed. I bought the 12 pack of the interceptors for about $60 and was glad I did as two cracked in the middle and had to be replaced.

Currently, after 3 treatments and a month with the interceptors we are bite free and have caught nothing.

3. V

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 13:56:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, those look like bed bug bites. Not exactly the way mine look, but I can tell. That is how they look on my fiance though. It's possible some of the BBs are soo small (babies) that they are hard to see(that is why I used to think I was being attacked by "noseeums"). If it is affordable, have an exterminator take a look.

4. PANewBugger

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 14:19:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Our PCO didn't charge for the inspection so maybe make a few calls to reputable companies in your area to see if they'll send someone free of charge. During our inspection, a dead bed bug was found in the box spring so we started treatments soon after (after the inspection, the same day, PCO then sent another person to our place to give us a list of what we would need to do for our prep, which took several days, and inform us what chemicals they would use for each treatment, etc.).

From what I've read here and conversations with PCO, they won't treat by just bites.

Good luck!

5. miserableone

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 14:21:20
    #

Login to Send PM

it took me a long while to actually find a bug. I knew I had them because I was covered in bites but never saw a live or dead bug or blood stains or anything. I finally caught one in the act at 2am. I hear some people never ever see one but they know they are there.

6. ihatebb123

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun May 5 2013 19:51:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a similar story only i get pimples never in the breakest lunch and dinner pattern sometimes they itch like crazy for a few minutes then stop i got a bunch on my legs but none on my arm and they all appeared at different times i cant find any evidence Just like you and no one else has been getting bit....i feel your pain ive dealt with these before and actually found them early and got rid of them within a week but im going crazy that i keep getting these and not finding anything i have like Anxiety and depression from it now...i wanna believe i dont have them but idk

7. ihatebb123

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun May 5 2013 19:54:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Plus i cant afford to hire pcos or by any products and i live with mom and 5 siblings and stepdad so i can't juat make those decisions...btw none of them have been getting bit

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun May 5 2013 23:18:08
    #

Login to Send PM

ihatebb123,

You're responding to a thread that was last posted to in July 2010. The other posters are unlikely to see your responses, and others are unlikely to read this old thread either.

Moreover, there's some incorrect information above about bed bug bites which isn't helpful (namely that bed bugs can be diagnosed from skin reactions -- untrue, they can't).

Please start a new thread and post about your situation there. You will likely get more help this way. If you do not know how to start a new thread, this will help: FAQs about How to Use the Forums

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,117 posts in 31,020 topics over 94 months by 13,443 of 20,849 members. Latest: senses123, So Mad, joshc