Think I found a harborage. Photos

(2 posts)
  1. NotGivingUp

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 11:40:37
    #

Login to Send PM

This morning I was laying down a second preventive application of Cimexa with a paintbrush around the perimeter of our bedroom. I noticed a couple black spots above a doorstopper that I must have missed before and decided to investigate further. I unscrewed the stopper and the underside was covered in what I believe are fecal stains. I puffed Cimexa into the stopper hole, but not sure how they would be able to come and go from the screw hole with the stopper in place. Could this harborage simply be underneath the stopper? I pulled back carpet and saw nothing. This doorstop is about 6 feet from our bed, behind the door leading to the bathroom.

This is the very first time I have found any sign of them apart from our bed itself and in the climbup cups. Thought photos would be helpful to those on the hunt.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151116474@N08/albums/72157683715531903

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 7:25:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Correct. No reason to assume they live in a screw hole with the door stopper screwed in.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,595 posts in 43,278 topics over 130 months by 18,982 of 19,560 members. Latest: Koonspg4s, slynnp1, bkb