Things that make you go hmmm!

(9 posts)
  1. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 16 2010 11:54:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm told the White House has a full tarp over the east wing. A lot of vacations, travel, and people traffic .... HMMMM, a full tarp covering the white house?

2. bugnut

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 16 2010 12:36:50
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ -

It was only a matter of time. Have they called you yet? They may -

3. kirads09

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 16 2010 12:38:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw something about that earlier. Wow. Does make you wonder, huh?

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 16 2010 18:48:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Who knows whats going on over there. I didn't see any pictures of it but I'm guessing if it is Bed Bugs ... we will all hear soon enough.

No chance they would be contacting me .. I'm a little fish in a big pond. I don't know how many people know .. but I have another career outside of pest control that I work 40 hrs a week at. So running this business 60/70 hrs a week and doing my other is getting a bit crazy over here. My wife and I have been discussing leaving my other job and focusing full speed on pest management. If that does happen I will be training people and expanding my business into NJ & CT. And taking over NYC as well =) ... Just thinking

5. bugnut

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 16 2010 21:32:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Please, please,please say you will be coming to CT! I had no idea you had 2 jobs - my PCO does the same. He does pest removal for the city and exterminates on the side. He hasn't jumped into the exterminating full time because his benefits are so good. He is a great guy and works really hard.

I think it is a great idea. With the way the media has been covering it lately, it is becoming a big problem. You could focus on bb's alone and education in addition to training .

Don't kid yourself - this forum is a pretty big pond and you are a blue whale.

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 16 2010 22:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Well ... 110 hrs a week between both is nuts. I have been working 7 days a week for over five years now. Most of my working life really has been 7 days a week. My current job I have been at for over 20 years and would be leaving a 6 figure position with one of the best benefit and pension plans on the planet, so it's a bit scary to just walk away.

CT is a bit harder then NJ because its separate licensing. NJ does reciprocal licensing and that makes things a lot easier. CT is something I would need to look into further.

7. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 18 2010 22:03:26
    #

Login to Send PM

A KQ training center would be great. We need a KQ in Northern CA. Any takers?

8. ProvidenceBites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 18 2010 22:08:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Come to Rhode Island! I'll make you cookies!

9. BugFreeForever

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 18 2010 23:39:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, KillerQueen, that's an insane schedule to try to keep up. I wonder, given your seniority at your regular job, if you could negotiate a sabbatical and use that year to hire people and get them trained in your methods? Just a thought.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver