They love me!

(5 posts)
  1. OnceBittenTwiceVengeful

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Jan 9 2017 18:53:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hives. I have hives from these things. They only seem to like me, not my partner or cat. Ugh. I though I spent too much time on Reddit.. Now I haven't been there in days cause I'm here plotting the mass murder of these bugs.

2. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Jan 9 2017 20:52:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I get hives, too. In fact for months I thought I was having an allergic reaction to my own body because I would scratch one spot then suddenly break out in hives. I now know it was multiple bites appearing. I feel stupid now. I saw all the signs of bed bugs but I didn't know what it all meant and never considered them bed bug related. The bites, blood spots on the sheets, fecal stains, I even saw a couple bugs and squashed them and went on with my day. I feel so stupid!!

There were even a dozen or so assassin bugs outside the window of my bedroom every day and I kept thinking "such odd bugs I've lived here 15 years and never saw a bug like these." I suspect they smelled the bed bugs and wanted a meal.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 12:03:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 15 hours ago  » 
    There were even a dozen or so assassin bugs outside the window of my bedroom every day and I kept thinking "such odd bugs I've lived here 15 years and never saw a bug like these." I suspect they smelled the bed bugs and wanted a meal.

Where do you live?
    Hopefully those were masked hunters; assassin bugs have been known to transmit chagas.

Bird dreams are not admissible in court.
  4. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 12:32:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Where do you live?
    Hopefully those were masked hunters; assassin bugs have been known to transmit chagas.

Washington state. I don't know exactly what they were but when I was reading about which insects ate bed bugs I read assassin bugs, looked up the picture and it was an AH-HA moment because it was the bug that I had seen all summer around the window on my bedroom wall. They are gone now because it's winter... maybe because my window is closed, maybe because it's cold out.

Looking at the pictures now and pulling from my memory... it looked more like the assassin bug than Masked Hunter. More broad and brownish, not slender and black. I'll be sure to get a picture the next time they appear.

5. Norestnosleepnopeace

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 0:07:54
    #

Login to Send PM

They love me too, don't feel bad. So did every mosquito I ever had the misfortune to be around growing up.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

247,810 posts in 39,678 topics over 120 months by 17,395 of 17,704 members. Latest: bbsareconsumingmylife, heather68, Oakland