There must be something they like

(3 posts)
  1. Kezlo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 10 2012 12:27:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all, I've been reading and thinking that there must be something on earth that these critters like (besides CO2, human blood, small spaces to hide in, etc.)

We know they dislike light, movement, being out in the open, heat above 115 F or so, etc.

Surely there is something that can attract them. Has anyone noticed anything of the sort or experimented? Has anyone found something weird that was just all infested with these guys that didn't make sense, like you were cleaning near your computer and they were all over an old toner cartridge, or something like that? I would think this would be the key to killing them easily if something could be found to draw them out of their hiding places.

2. SmrtBB

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 10 2012 22:48:51
    #

Login to Send PM

One apparently disliked my closet, just sauntered out and was coming out to bite me. Don't really know what chased it out, although we have a bad pharaoh ant infestation.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Apr 11 2012 1:51:18
    #

Login to Send PM

If we knew about something you could use to attract them all to their deaths, believe me, we'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

People are working on this, but so far the best attractant is a human and the next best are various active monitors. Note the active monitors are for monitoring, not large scale trapping. And I doubt any can compete well with a human present in the same space.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,049 posts in 29,388 topics over 90 months by 12,673 of 19,933 members. Latest: no_bugs_plz, Scott, bb225nyc