(8 posts)
  1. babysis

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 31 2009 14:15:42
    #

Login to Send PM

creepedout - 4 months ago  » 
    Hi, I wonder if we have the same issue. We are completely mystified. About a week ago, noticed a few loose black specks on the sheets concentrated under my husband and me (especially where the small of the back rests during the night). We were ready to blame the cat. Washed the sheets. The spots came back, a few at a time. Started to freak out. Washed the sheets again, they came back (primarily under me).
    Yesterday, we took the bed apart, vaccuumed the mattress and the frame, washed everything in "sanitary" in the washer, ran the pillows through the hot cycle on the dryer, and this morning, all these spots appeared, congregated under ME. After only one night. Many more than we had seen before.
    http://creepybedbug.blogspot.com/
    They are black specks, hard, cylindrical, and don't seem to dissolve in water or saliva. A few scattered througout the bedding, but most concentrated in a 4-inch area.
    Needless to say, I'm completely freaked out.
    Here's where I'm confused... no bites on either of us. No itching. No rashes. No blood marks on the sheets. Not a trace on the mattress, even in the folds. The mattress is white, so it should be easy to see. No sign of anything anywhere else except this little pile of specks. All are hard. They don't look like any of the other pictures I've seen from any other sites... needless to say, I've been scouring the internet for answers.
    We're just trying to figure out what we're fighting. Is it bedbugs? Or something else? HELP!

i am having the same problem....wash clean everything and spray beg spary...but every day in morning, little black soft specs (not dissolved in sheet) show up, about 20 or so. cats sleep with me...not sure what they are. no bites either.

2. peanutzarch

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2009 16:24:49
    #

Login to Send PM

has anyone figured out what this is? i have the same exact problem. they're not moving, they're like poppy seeds, are hard to squish (as in they crunch) but no guys or anything seem to come out...and they appear where my cats have slept. please email! brieanne.taylor@gmail.com

3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2009 16:34:35
    #

Login to Send PM

See the tag up top on Flea dirt.

Jim

4. BandKali

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2009 22:05:14
    #

Login to Send PM

A simple presumptive blood test as mentioned in other posting would work. You can get the Kastle-Meyers test for $17.50 from Carolina supplies.

Here is the link. http://www.carolina.com/p2p/endecaSearch.do?keyword=presumtive+blood+test

Good luck!

5. velbuny2

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Apr 29 2010 8:31:36
    #

Login to Send PM

They are flea droppings. I called many vets and they all said the same thing. Get your dogs and cats on flea prevention!

6. spotty

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 24 2011 0:32:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Good news! My husband and I were searching all over the internet for the answer to just this problem and we just figured it out: DRYWOOD TERMITES!

We just moved into an old, stand alone shot-gun house in New Orleans (we're from Oregon so all kinds of bug things are foreign to us). We got new sheets (a wedding present) and bought ourselves a new mattress + box spring to celebrate our newly married status. Well about 2 weeks into enjoying our new mattress, we saw these black spots appearing on my husband's pillow during the day. By specks, I mean hundreds of these hard (non-smearing) black seed-like things that seemed to appear out of nowhere. We couldn't figure them out. We don't have pets and I swear we shower every day. Well, like most of you we sort of gave up and luckily after 3 or so days the specks went away.

Well the spots came back tonight. We checked everything, brushed them off and "set a trap" of a clean sheet. Within an hour, the spots were back! Dozens of them! Well long story short, we sat down on the bed and watched the little buggers appear out of thin air. We turned on the AC and we turned it off; nothing seemed to affect them from appearing. Then I noticed I could hear them "appearing." Following that we saw them bouncing on the pillow--clearly they were falling but from where. We had no spots on the ceiling. No big obvious bugs. Nothing out of the ordinary. After many confused looks and seriously considering that we were both crazy, I went back online and happened to type into Google something to the effect of black spots falling from the ceiling... what do you know... TERMITES!

Drywood termites are apparently known for dropping tan or black, hard (made from wood) feces from so called "kick holes" which look pretty much like a tiny hole that someone made with the tip of a sharp pencil. I went back with my husband (because he's taller) and a flashlight where he stood and watched the supposed hole while I sat at the pillow and waited for a spot to appear. When I saw a spot it had been proceeded by a black spot appearing in the hole. Diagnosis = drywood termites. The only trick is finding the kick hole, plugging it up and figuring out how to get rid of them.

7. NAMRED

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Feb 22 2014 18:43:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I found the answer that is lacking from all of these threads! I haven't read through it all but wanted to share!

morgellonsdiseaseawareness.com/morgellons_photo_galleries/morgellons_particles_in_skin

8. endless_nightmare

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Feb 24 2014 2:20:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Morgellons has been mentioned before on this forum

it's a form of delusional parasitosis (head bugs)

the CDC (center for disease control) did extensive studies on this and concluded that it was delusional parasitosis

the link that you posted if you go around the site, sells a bunch of ridiculous stuff that is supposed to "cure" this made up disease and frankly to take advantage of the poor people suffering from this....

black pepper flakes are either flea droppings (very small when they are) or debris

this debris that a normal person would not look twice at, becomes a sign of something because they are in a hyper vigilant state, desperately looking for signs of their "infestation" or "bugs" when in fact it's all in their head

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

as state in the article, people self diagnose and sometimes do extreme dangerous things to cure this imaginary "infestation"

Some treatments are dangerous, however, and have included the use of bleach, veterinary medicines intended for deworming horses, and industrial insecticides.

and Windex, and Listerine and all sorts of things

I am not judging those people because I suffer myself from bed bug PTSD

We have seen people on this forum, moving multiple times, emptying their bank account, losing their jobs, ruining their health, over several years because they thought they had bed bugs but didn't

The mind and body is a tricky thing, combined with worry, insomnia and skin reactions, it's not hard for one to convince themselves that bugs are their issue.....

to unconvinced them is another story....

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,116 posts in 28,293 topics over 87 months by 12,191 of 19,345 members. Latest: sera143, falc, falc2
Site Meter