Suckers are back! I give up... [a: dying adult bed bugs]

(26 posts)
  1. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 11:41:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all. I’ve had a bedbug problem approximately 2 years ago. I’ve done my own treatements at Home with tempo sc, bedlam and dusted cimexa in every room. We were pretty much in the clear as I’ve kept a close eye on detecting baseboards and beds. I’ve never unpacked anything out of bags and kept them in there up until now. However, I’ve noticed that a few days ago there were 2 blood stains on our sheets (I know that blood stains don’t confirm anything) but I started to panick. I started to search our bed and found a dead bedbug on our box spring, it was never fed since it’s color was still clear. It was definitely an adult. Before that while I was sweeping through our room, I found another dead one (possible dead for a while). We used to have carpet but got it removed for this bed bug issue, now there’s wood flooring through out the entire apartment. Also the apartments upstairs and downstairs were vacant for over a year and just recently got occupied by tenants a few months ago.

This morning I found a lifeless bed bug crawling in the living room on the area rug, I quickly got a tissue and killed it, it wasn’t fed since there was no fresh blood in it. I’ve never seen any bedbugs in the living room, they were only in the adjacent rooms. I did some inspection on the sofa a short while later and found nothing that showed signs of bedbugs there (fecal stains on sofa, baseboards, no shedskins)

So now I’m just really confused that if we have any live bed bugs again. Also please note I still have cimexa dusted in every room so i am not sure if they’re coming in contact with it and starting to die because of that. I’m just really fed up at this point. And also I’ve been checking for bite marks on my daughter, myself and asking my husband to see if he’s been getting bit and so far none of has have any bite marks or have been itchy. Someone please help me before I lost mind!! I just need some answers and clarity. Thank you all in adavance. I will also post pictures of the dead ones I found along with the live one that I had killed my self. Will post them shortly

Sincerely
    Frustrated student and Mom that can’t afford professional treatments

2. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 16:52:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunatelly, once you get bed bug infestation you are stick with them forever. Only option to 100% get rid of them from your life is to go to some hotel, take hot shower, wear some fresh, new clothes and move in to a new house without taking single thing from last apartament.

Otherwise u will never feel safe again. You can call all kinds of exterminators with heat treatment, with chemical treatment, etc.. In my eyes its all pointless, they dont have "thermal like goggles" that will detect every single hidden bug, egg or seed that might be hidding at every crack of your house waiting to reproduce or bugs might went to neighbours just to come back later on after treatment is over. If this was otherwise all exterminators would give you lifespan guarantee on them, not few months.

I know its sad, iam eaten by them every freakin night for the past 6 months, i cant sleep, iam sleeping with light on(electricity bills go higher), even then i look around my bed every few seconds because i saw 3 bed bugs rushing at me while i was laying on my bed and watching things on my phone 4 times in a row in past week. They are everywhere now, even in kitchen and bathroom, cant even sit at my desk, because tyey are infestating every furniture u spend the most time on, even during a day(i work at home). I also feel hopeless and cant afford to get rid of my computer, furniture and all other stuff and most importantly i have many other serious things going on in my life which sucks even more.

Be happy u can atleast sleep without looking benind your shouldęr every second to check if a bed bug is rushing at you to feed like it is with me atm.

3. FayeState

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 17:05:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Janessa,
    I am so sorry you have to deal with it again. However, unlike what eatenbybedbugs says, people do get rid of them as you did 2 years ago, so don't pay attention to him or her as it will only depress you.

4. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 17:10:16
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Janessa,
    I am so sorry you have to deal with it again. However, unlike what eatenbybedbugs says, people do get rid of them as you did 2 years ago, so don't pay attention to him or her as it will only depress you.

She got rid of them 2 years ago and now they are back. Is this extremly bad luck that she caught them again? I dont think so, they just found them selves a home and now returning to it after 2 years. Its like cancer going back... you can never fully beat it... .

5. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 18:09:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Janessa1285,
    Apartments are high risk.
    I live in an apartment too.
    It IS possible to get rid of them.
    What area are you in?
    In a lot of places, the landlord has to legally provide treatment.
    I don't think my landlord's PCO is as good as a private one but it is free.
    Certainly better than anything I could do.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  6. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 18:43:01
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 1 hour ago  » 
    Unfortunatelly, once you get bed bug infestation you are stick with them forever. Only option to 100% get rid of them from your life is to go to some hotel, take hot shower, wear some fresh, new clothes and move in to a new house without taking single thing from last apartament.
    Otherwise u will never feel safe again. You can call all kinds of exterminators with heat treatment, with chemical treatment, etc.. In my eyes its all pointless, they dont have "thermal like goggles" that will detect every single hidden bug, egg or seed that might be hidding at every crack of your house waiting to reproduce or bugs might went to neighbours just to come back later on after treatment is over. If this was otherwise all exterminators would give you lifespan guarantee on them, not few months.
    I know its sad, iam eaten by them every freakin night for the past 6 months, i cant sleep, iam sleeping with light on(electricity bills go higher), even then i look around my bed every few seconds because i saw 3 bed bugs rushing at me while i was laying on my bed and watching things on my phone 4 times in a row in past week. They are everywhere now, even in kitchen and bathroom, cant even sit at my desk, because tyey are infestating every furniture u spend the most time on, even during a day(i work at home). I also feel hopeless and cant afford to get rid of my computer, furniture and all other stuff and most importantly i have many other serious things going on in my life which sucks even more.
    Be happy u can atleast sleep without looking benind your shouldęr every second to check if a bed bug is rushing at you to feed like it is with me atm.

That doesn’t really help with my panick attacks tho I do somewhat agree with you to a certain extent. At this point I feel like I’ll never get rid of them.

7. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 18:44:54
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 hour ago  » 
    Janessa,

Thank you FayeState for sympathizing with me. I will have to start the treatements again myself. I’m just sick of living my life in plastic bags

8. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 18:50:28
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Janessa1285,
    Apartments are high risk.
    I live in an apartment too.
    It IS possible to get rid of them.
    What area are you in?
    In a lot of places, the landlord has to legally provide treatment.
    I don't think my landlord's PCO is as good as a private one but it is free.
    Certainly better than anything I could do.

Thirdusername, I live in Houston at an apartment complex. The first time I discovered bedbugs, I alerted the management, they sent a PCO to look at it, but I wasn’t satisfied with his service. He just took a look at the ceiling and told me he doesn’t see any signs of bedbugs and sprayed (I have no clue what it was). It just boggles my mind that I have them again although I know there is always a possibility of getting them at any point. So far I’m just confused that the ones I did find were either dead, and the one live one that i saw this morning was almost lifeless and barely moving with no blood in it. Now I am not sure if the cixema I dusted a few months back after removing the carpet is what’s killing them or if the apartments upstairs and downstairs have them and are moving their way to our apartment now. I have the cimexa dusted in the outlets as well.

I will be starting treatments again and hoping that they are gone for good. I’m just extremely worried about my furniture being infested

9. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:09:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa lasts a long time if applied right.
    Do you have encasements?
    My guess would be one of your neighbours was treated and now they are fleeing the poison and going to your place.
    Try to relax (I know easier said than done).

10. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:36:02
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Cimexa lasts a long time if applied right.
    Do you have encasements?
    My guess would be one of your neighbours was treated and now they are fleeing the poison and going to your place.
    Try to relax (I know easier said than done).

Thank you thirdusername. That was my guess also. I'm pretty sure our side of the complex is infested from top to bottom, there are only 3 floors.
    Yes I do have encasements on. I've also filled in the holes in my boxspring with wood glue so it prevents any of the little creatures from getting in there. I try not to panic but when I think of the live one that I saw this morning, it starts to scare me that there would be more.

11. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:37:55
    #

Login to Send PM

12. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:41:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I've posted the pictures that I've found in the past few days and they are also labeled with the description of what they are. Any input on these would be greatly appreciated!!!!

13. hearty

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:41:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Janessa, I'm so sorry to hear, I can sympathize as I am in the same boat. My PCO sprays an alcohol mix with a superior mister spray bottle, that might be a good tip for DIY (to buy a good mister). It covers a wider area than some regular spray bottles. He sprays the mattress and bed frames. Between that, Cimexa, vacuuming and cleaning everything, dryer etc, is all we can do. It is so tiring but I believe we can be success stories... I wonder if your new neighbors might have them or if after unpacking your things recently some older ones might have survived? You're not alone and best of luck to you.

14. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 22:08:05
    #

Login to Send PM

hearty - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Janessa, I'm so sorry to hear, I can sympathize as I am in the same boat. My PCO sprays an alcohol mix with a superior mister spray bottle, that might be a good tip for DIY (to buy a good mister). It covers a wider area than some regular spray bottles. He sprays the mattress and bed frames. Between that, Cimexa, vacuuming and cleaning everything, dryer etc, is all we can do. It is so tiring but I believe we can be success stories... I wonder if your new neighbors might have them or if after unpacking your things recently some older ones might have survived? You're not alone and best of luck to you.

Hi Hearty, thank you for sympathizing with me. I appreciate it and I am so sorry that you’re going through the same thing. I’m assuming the one I found in the living room either got swept from my room since I sweep daily and then vacuum the rugs, or it could have made its way up or down from the apartments. I wish I knew where they’re coming from. My only goal now is to fight against these again and I am hoping this is a minor infestation (trying to stay positive). Thank you for the recommendation and advice on the spraying bottle, I will have to reorder the temprid and possibly try sterifab since I read reviews that it’s similar to alcohol. Also I’m contemplating whether I should throw Clorox everywhere and then use a steam mop hoping to get in the little nook and crannies in the wall. I’m willing to do anything at this point.

Good luck on your journey! I wish you success against these suckers and hope you win this battle!!

15. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 8:49:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: I found another lifeless one in the bathtub this morning. So now I am pretty sure that one of the neighbors either upstairs or downstairs did a treatment which are making them run here. Looks like I will have to run from my apartment too!!! I will speak to management today to see what they can do and if I can relocate to a different apartment before my infestation becomes uncontrollable!!!

16. HifromChi

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 12:25:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Yep, if you're seeing them in the bathroom, that's a good indicator they are coming from adjacent units.

They likely aren't treating the units together (up and down and side to side) when these breakouts happen so they just keep moving around to avoid the poison, I'd definitely be looking for greener pastures, it will be a never ending problem if they aren't treating the building as a whole.

Best of luck to you...

17. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 13:01:17
    #

Login to Send PM

HifromChi - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Yep, if you're seeing them in the bathroom, that's a good indicator they are coming from adjacent units.
    They likely aren't treating the units together (up and down and side to side) when these breakouts happen so they just keep moving around to avoid the poison, I'd definitely be looking for greener pastures, it will be a never ending problem if they aren't treating the building as a whole.
    Best of luck to you...

Thank you HifromChi. I need all the luck I can get!!

I spoke to management and they have a few other apartments available that are supposedly clean. I am willing to take this extra step and move out this apartment but I would like any advice from anyone that was in a similar situation and had to move. What can I do to prevent taking the BBS with me, from what I can tell, my infestation hasn’t gotten into my furniture as of yet. But I would like to take every possible step to keep the furniture clean before I do move into a different apartment. I’ve already bagged every single thing in my apartment except for my kitchen utensils, pots and pans.

All advice is appreciated! I just need a peace of my mind before I need to check into a facility for going crazy!!!

18. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 14:14:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Takimg any furniture alway will be a risk of taki g them with you

19. Bedbugmom41

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 14:22:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Janessa
    There is a FAQ that you can read about not spreading bedbugs.
    Good luck !

20. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 16:52:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbugmom41 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Janessa
    There is a FAQ that you can read about not spreading bedbugs.
    Good luck !

Thanks Bedbugmom41!! I’ll read into it. At this point I can’t afford to throw my furniture out since it’s fairly new. We just bought it 2 years ago when we moved to Houston from the Tristate Area. I can’t afford to buy brand new furniture either so I will just have to take extra precaution and do whatever I can to make sure I am not taking any hitchhikers with me.

21. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 2:09:36
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 1 day ago  » 

Eatenbybedbugs,

This is not truthful. I am sorry that you feel this way but your statements are not factual.
    Please do not state erroneous information, which can b e very upsetting to others dealing with bed bugs.

You are welcome to participate if you’d like to learn more about bed bugs, but please don’t attempt to give advice to others.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  22. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 12:50:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Janessa1285:
    -- You've been finding dying bed bugs, so treatment (wherever it is being done) has been working.
    -- first picture in your post doesn't look like a bed bug nymph or shed skin. Other pictures are of adult bed bug.

eatenbybedbugs:
    "Unfortunatelly, once you get bed bug infestation you are stick with them forever. Only option to 100% get rid of them from your life is to go to some hotel, take hot shower, wear some fresh, new clothes and move in to a new house without taking single thing from last apartament. Otherwise u will never feel safe again."
    -- It's how you feel, but not reality. Feeling safe and being safe are not necessarily the same in your eyes.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  23. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 21:20:07
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 8 hours ago  » 
    Janessa1285:
    -- You've been finding dying bed bugs, so treatment (wherever it is being done) has been working.
    -- first picture in your post doesn't look like a bed bug nymph or shed skin. Other pictures are of adult bed bug.
    eatenbybedbugs:
    "Unfortunatelly, once you get bed bug infestation you are stick with them forever. Only option to 100% get rid of them from your life is to go to some hotel, take hot shower, wear some fresh, new clothes and move in to a new house without taking single thing from last apartament. Otherwise u will never feel safe again."
    -- It's how you feel, but not reality. Feeling safe and being safe are not necessarily the same in your eyes.

Hi Loubugs, thank you so much for your reply!! There’s definitely treatment being done but I am not sure if both apartments above and downstairs are handling it or it’s just one. Also, I’ve found tiny specs of blood on my comforter this morning again, coincidence or not but this is the 2nd time this week that I’ve found blood stains.

The management is aware but I don’t believe they’ve taken any steps in doing a treatment. He did offer me an in house treatment using gentrol and de-fense but not done by a pco, it will be done by their maintence department

24. Janessa1285

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 23:45:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a question. Is it possible that these lifeless bed bugs that I’ve found could’ve laid eggs somewhere?

25. alg

newbite

Posted 20 hours ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 8:44:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I couldn't sleep tonight. and it sucks because I have finals in the next few days. I killed like 8 bbbs tonight

26. loubugs

old timer

Posted 53 minutes ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 4:37:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Janessa1285 - 4 days ago  » 
    I have a question. Is it possible that these lifeless bed bugs that I’ve found could’ve laid eggs somewhere?

The pictures you posted of "flat" bugs don't look so flat to me. Really flat adults and those that have not fed in some time are pale and a light tan in color; there can be a small, dark section in rear gut. Yours are flattened and dark. Darkness looks like there is still generalized gut content. They're died but could be from insecticide treatment and not from starvation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989