(2 posts)
  1. belle

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 10 2012 22:35:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to come back here and share that Terminix of San Francisco was (as far as I can tell) successful in removing bedbugs from a recent infestation in our 2-unit apartment building. The last time we saw one was 12/4/11 and we've been bug-free since.

I want to also note that this is the SECOND time I've moved into an apartment and found bedbugs in San Francisco (see my post from two years ago: http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/success-story-and-the-end-of-materialism).
    The first time it was the tenderloin, this time, chinatown. Knowing what I knew from my first experience, I tediously documented every phone call date and time (landlords were slow to respond to our complaint about finding bedbugs in the building) and every dollar spent on the infestation, wrote a thorough letter, and again got reimbursed in full by my landlords.

Yes, I was traumatized from bedbugs, and yes- the unthinkable happened, I got them again. But after everything I'm still here. For the time being our home is safe and I'm here to say that even if you've had bedbugs and get them again, you can and will return to normal life eventually

I'm not affiliated with or paid by Terminix in any way but I'm pretty amazed at how effective their service was, and enormously grateful.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Apr 11 2012 1:46:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi belle,

Thanks for sharing your experience. We've heard
    from a few people including early bed bug bloggers Caitlin of the (now sadly defunct) Bed Bug Blog and Caryn of A Picture of Me (see resources) who each dealt with bed bugs a second time and each seemed to have a MUCH easier time the second go-around, partly because they knew about bed bugs and spotting the signs and how to react, and partly, if I recall correctly, because the people dealing with the problem were more experienced.

I wonder if that was yor experience also?

I hope this is the last time you have to deal with this. Thanks again for the input on your PCO and your success.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,206 posts in 29,413 topics over 90 months by 12,687 of 19,947 members. Latest: Scared in BK, chicagobedbugordinancerocks, brooklynbaby